Update on Lucy

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Something just happened which has given me a little hope. Snowy (Lucy's feline friend - also now sneezing but he's a lot younger but hopefully will shake it off over the weekend, if not vet's on Monday) was miaowing for food. As I was putting the food in the dish for him, Lucy came out from under the bed, pushed Snowy out of the way then sniffed at the food, went to her water bowl, had a drink, then went back and pushed Snowy out of the way a second time (he actually let her - usually if she does that he pushes her back). She then sat and looked up at me - her eyes are a lot brighter - as if to say "Well, I'm still here!" I just hope she starts eating on her own.

At this moment I am very, very, cautiously optimistic. I hope she's reached the turning point but I know things could go one way or the other at this point.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Python

Something just happened which has given me a little hope. Snowy (Lucy's feline friend - also now sneezing but he's a lot younger but hopefully will shake it off over the weekend, if not vet's on Monday) was miaowing for food. As I was putting the food in the dish for him, Lucy came out from under the bed, pushed Snowy out of the way then sniffed at the food, went to her water bowl, had a drink, then went back and pushed Snowy out of the way a second time (he actually let her - usually if she does that he pushes her back). She then sat and looked up at me - her eyes are a lot brighter - as if to say "Well, I'm still here!" I just hope she starts eating on her own.

At this moment I am very, very, cautiously optimistic. I hope she's reached the turning point but I know things could go one way or the other at this point.
That does sound good for Lucy, I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

I am sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you and Lucy.

Keep us updated on how she is doing.