Hates the Tail Touching?

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm confused. In the past month, Penelope suddenly flips out if you touch her tail. She is nearly 5 and never did this before. I just touched her tail (she is lying next to me on the couch right now) very lightly and she tried to bite my hand and yelled at me.

Do you think its bruised or something? Or is she just acting like a weird-o?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellers

Hmm, you guys may be right. If she persists doing this for another few weeks I will definitely call the vet.
I wouldn't wait a few weeks if I were you. When our last cat came home with a broken tail, our vet said a broken tail could easily lead to incontinence. Besides, if she's in pain, do you really want her to go through that for weeks?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the thing is, she is acting normal unless you touch her tail. She was just running around here after her brother and she is using litterbox normally. In fact, her activity is very high for her.

That was why I was thinking maybe it was sore or she was just being cranky.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Upate: well I called the vet bc I got nervous. Penelope is going in this week but they suspect she is just being cranky since she is otherwise behaving normal and active.

I'll feel better having her checked out though.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's fine!! She has a teeny scratch and as the vet says, "being a bit of a drama queen about it."

He said she'll be fine in a week or so, it was likely from play wrestling with her brother. Phew!

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellers

She's fine!! She has a teeny scratch and as the vet says, "being a bit of a drama queen about it."

He said she'll be fine in a week or so, it was likely from play wrestling with her brother. Phew!
LOL - That's too funny.