Speaking of dreams...

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm having a rather bizarre recurring dream as of late (I think about the past couple weeks or so). Almost every night, but occasionally I'll skip a night.

I'm chasing after a strange girl in a very bizarre mansion. She's quite attractive, very young, black hair, pale skin and tanzanite blue eyes that almost seem to glow. She wears an ornate white dress/outfit (lacey and shimmery like snow, but full cover with a furry shoal or a short cape). She has immense physical strength (can throw train cars around) and she can morph? transform, masquerade as someone else, do physically impossible things, float, teleport, step into mirrors, and she carries a bag that she can climb into to escape into a different dimension? or world. The bag is circular and flat with a yellow smiley face, white fur trim on the edge, and a little red button at the center of the reverse side. In the dream I have the belief that she's a vampire but other than her amazing abilities I have no proof. My feelings for her in the dream a very confused, love, hate, betrayal, longing, loneliness, sorrow and pity.

The mansion itself has it's quirks, some rooms are very large, some are small and cozy like one would find in any modern home, but overall very clean. Most of the rooms are white, and if there are windows it's night time outside. There's an exploding hallway/atrium very elaborately decorated polished stone floor, most of the colors are gold/brown/yellow some blue here and there, and there's an adjoining room full of cats with wood floor. Running down the hallway leads to darkness, but once out of the darkness you come to a white hallway with a ceiling of windows, which leads to several rooms, the last being a bedroom. The room before the bedroom has an interesting closet, it's full of neatly arranged bead necklaces made of oyster shell, tiger eye, amber, and all of it has the brown/gold/yellow motif.

Occasionally I'll go through one of the doors and end up on a moving train, and I meet people and talk to them as if they're my old friends. They show me around, we have some food, I get separated from them and I end up back chasing the girl.

I would chase this girl throughout this mansion toting a very large machinegun that fires what looks like needles extremely rapidly but does almost no damage to anything. Every single time, I would chase her to the last room (the bed room) where she would confront me, smile, and then zip into her bag, I shoot up the bag which is left lying on the floor to no effect, then open it, reach inside and try to pull her out. I feel a coarse-ish white fur lining inside and once I grab a hold of her shoulders, I'll feel her back and find that she's sprouted a pair of feathered wings. She's very warm to the touch and I find her sleeping inside the bag. Suddenly I have a feeling of revelation and I wake up, but I never remember, or understand quite what I had a revelation about.

Also, about half the time during the final confrontation I'll ask her who she is and I'll see her move her lips but I don't hear her answer (I make it a habit to ask people who they are in my dreams and it reveals things that normally go unnoticed, half the time I remember, the other half I forget, most of the time I get an answer, other times it causes havoc in the dream).

However, here's when things take an even stranger twist. She haunts my other dreams. My other dreams I'll catch glimpses of her in a crowd, or as I open a door and immediately disappear, or if I look into a mirror I'll see her looking back at me for a split second before I see myself. She always has a very reserved look, or a slight smile. Even when I'm awake, sometimes I'll look into my rear view mirror while driving expecting to catch a glimpse of her sitting in the backseat of my car.

Anyone care to take a stab at making some sense of this?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all your memory of the details is amazing!
Heres my stab.......
She is you, you have subconsciously created a form, in this case your angelic female, that is confrontational at the same time comforting and soothing visually and physically. She is giving you comfort in your search for answers in your life. Any new challenges, confrontations, or possible changes in the midst in your life right now? Maybe an option you are not sure of yet? You can't understand what she is saying because you haven't found the answer yet. Though through all of the rooms and halls you can find temporary seclusion in a comfortable familiar atmosphere, one with cats........you still look for the answer. The need for resolution is so important that even in other dreams you remind yourself of this void. Though it is ok that you have not yet, this is the smile and warmth........
What do you think? I am haunted by dreams and nightmares all my life, I try to make some sense of them so they aren't so scary........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

First of all your memory of the details is amazing!
Heres my stab.......
She is you, you have subconsciously created a form, in this case your angelic female, that is confrontational at the same time comforting and soothing visually and physically. She is giving you comfort in your search for answers in your life. Any new challenges, confrontations, or possible changes in the midst in your life right now? Maybe an option you are not sure of yet? You can't understand what she is saying because you haven't found the answer yet. Though through all of the rooms and halls you can find temporary seclusion in a comfortable familiar atmosphere, one with cats........you still look for the answer. The need for resolution is so important that even in other dreams you remind yourself of this void. Though it is ok that you have not yet, this is the smile and warmth........
What do you think? I am haunted by dreams and nightmares all my life, I try to make some sense of them so they aren't so scary........
Oh haha, thanks, funny thing is, I have a bad memory where it counts and forget very quickly. Whenever I have a very vivid dream I grab the nearest pen and start scribbling details furiously, usually fills up an entire page or more, and I can usually spark memories with those details later and flesh out the dream more completely. Thanks for your input too, it makes quite a bit of sense but made a few other things a bit more confusing, guess it's the nature of dreams.

Side note, but do blue eyed/black haired people exist? Seems like a rather odd and improbable combination. Any myth or lore surrounding them?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think cheylink got that one pretty well.

Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Oh haha, thanks, funny thing is, I have a bad memory where it counts and forget very quickly. Whenever I have a very vivid dream I grab the nearest pen and start scribbling details furiously, usually fills up an entire page or more, and I can usually spark memories with those details later and flesh out the dream more completely.
It's odd isn't? How once you remember a dream it sticks with you pretty well, even the smaller details. Forget the dream or most of it and the whole thing is hazy.
I suggest you use some of the creativity in your vivid dreams and consider writing.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! This is fun! I just looked some things to be accurate, and so far it seems my interpretation is pretty good!
The colors embodied in the girl represent different cognizant aspects you created subconsciously representing you. White represents truth, warmth healing, your pale white skin. Black represents the subconscious, things hidden, unknown, change, your black hair. Blue represents harmony, innocense, it is calming and tranquil, your glowing blue eyes, which is good they are bright, dark blue is different. Yellow represents hope, enlightenment, brightness, your yellow purse with the smile face to insure your conscious interpretation. These colors are also repeated in your dream through the mansion. the room full of cats is a connection of familiarity and comfort, so your not completely lost and confused. If you have different interactions with the cats, they represent different successes or obstacles in your life. It's all very positive!
I have a repetitive dream with horses all my life, I use to ride horses and it was the biggest conscious escape for me. When I had to stop, they became my subconscious escape, but the situations always vary.............

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Cool! This is fun!
It kind of is, then again I love to analyze things.

I think they can also be a great source of inspiration.

Recently I had one where there was a very beautiful sci fi/fantasy type skyline with the morning light shining on it, I really need to sketch that out and maybe paint it. There was one really pretty light colored/white tower with something at the top, like an odd lighthouse. It wasn't till I was reading another thread that I realized what it sort of reminded me of, the lighthouse of alexandria.
I have a lot of odd stuff stuck in my mind.