What is the strangest thing you enjoy eating?

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always like hearing different things that people eat that sound weird. I love trying new foods and things I never thought about eating! What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? What is something you enjoy to eat that other people think is weird?

My husband thinks this is weird. When I make a box of macaroni and cheese, I like to mix it with sour cream instead of milk and butter. Does anyone else think that this is weird?

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really say that I've ever eatten anything "wierd". I eat normal everyday foods, anything else would probably make me

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
crescent rolls with mustard
and nacho cheese doritos with french onion dip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

crescent rolls with mustard
and nacho cheese doritos with french onion dip
I have had doritos with french onion dip before and I think it is good!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm terribly picky
I consider simple stuff like mayo, mustard, and salad dressings as "strange" (they smell awful!
)

Strange foods I eat according to DH, raw celery, brussel sprouts, and fried turnip. I only eat the last two to gross out DH

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if it's strange, but I love octopus and squid.

I've also had chocolate covered ants. I didn't know they were ants at first because they were clusters and looked like chocolate covered raisins. They were really good too! Most of the people in my class went and threw up once they found out what they were. I gagged, but then remembered that I thought they were quite good and what was there to throw up about. Besides, they are a form of protein and considered a delicacy in some cultures, and a food staple in others.

I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to foods. I figure I can't say I don't really like something until I've tried it, so I try most things unless of course it's RAW meat or fish. I'll try anything so long as it's cooked.

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like to eat flaming hot cheetos with mayo, it grosses every one out and I also like to eat jalepeno pepper that come in the can dipped in sour cream

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I've also had chocolate covered ants. I didn't know they were ants at first because they were clusters and looked like chocolate covered raisins. They were really good too!
If you ever feel very adventurous there are chocolate covered crickets and grasshoppers too!
If you do a search you'll probably find the flukers chocolate covered crickets, among reptile keepers flukers are known for having kind of icky quality crickets. So I suggest another brand if the offer ever comes up.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I eat green olives with beer. It's a great combination of salty and bitter, you should try it sometime.

It's so funny cause I thought of making a thread like this yesterday when I was eating some microwave popcorn and suddenly got a craving for mac and cheese. After I came back up with the mac and cheese and saw the unfinished popcorn, I mixed the 2 together and enjoyed every bite. Weird.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was one I really had to think about, I love to eat! So I know there must be something strange to some
............nope, can't think of anything
Maybe some strange combinations. There is a great recipe, chicken acopuco, sauteed chicken breast with crab meat and artichoke hearts, covered with hollandaise. It's mouth watering!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lemme see. I like dipping my french fries in ice cream
I also mix ketchup and mayo in my ghoulash or spaghetti...
Thats all I can think of right now

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I can't really say that I've ever eatten anything "wierd". I eat normal everyday foods, anything else would probably make me
Yeah me too, I don't like to try new things, just the thought of eating some foods makes me wanna throw up.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid I liked raw sausage.
Something else that started in childhood was dipping potato crisps in lemonade.
I still enjoy it today.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see: I like Nacho Cheese Dorito's dipped in salsa..I eat BLT's with no mayo, only sugar on them..I like wheat thins with a slice of apple on them (it tastes like an apple pie) but more healthy. I know these are not really "weird" but just different.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if this is considered "weird" or not but I dip french fries in honey mustard since I cannot stand ketchup or fry sauce! and I like dipping saltine crackers in ranch dip.