what cell phone plan do you have?

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i am useing virgin mobile for emergency back up .its not bad price per minute at 18 cents but if ya watch some adds on there site ya can get free airtime.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Im on prepaid so i dont have to worry about bills. I pay $49 ($38us) and get an extra $180 ($140us) free credit

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John & I have Midwest Wireless- we have 1200 minutes per month, free nights, free weekends, unlimited text messaging, ect. for about $50 per month.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom and I have the family plan (but just for us two) from Cingulair. I'm looking into switching plans though and getting on Colin's.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't own a cell phone. I figure if people want to talk to me they can call my home and leave a message on my answering machine.

Cell phones annoy me because they ring in restaurants while I'm eating, or in concerts or movie theaters. Heck even at my nursing graduation someone's cell phone rang!!! Not to mention the number of accidents caused because people are distracted with their cell phones.

Terrible invention IMHO.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cell phones never rings its on vibrate. and i a course dont drive.i got mine last week and used it for 1 minute only and thats because i messed up lol.but there great for emergencys

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have verizon wireless. My family has a family plan. I really live verizon I get service almost everywhere. I'd recommend it if your looking for a carrier.

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have verizon wireless and also love but in the past I have had cingular and sprint. I get coverage every where and am on a family share plan with my fiance. We have 500 shared min and nights and weekends plus text messaging, and we also have a verizon wireless card for internet for around $120 a month.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sprint. My total plan costs $125 and includes 1800 minutes, free nights and weekends starting at 7. Free incoming, internet, vision, text messages, roaming included in regular minutes, etc. I have a Pocket PC phone, and I use it for work so it's great.

I love Sprint's service connection. I always have service when others don't. However, their customer service is a little lacking. They have improved recently though.

The insurance is a must have too because a couple months ago, my $600 phone just died for no reason. I took it into the store and they gave me a brand new replacement right away, no questions asked.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cricket came to Portland this past December. Unlimited minutes and text for about $50 per month with no contract. Catch is, it only works in the I-5 corridor from Longview down to about Eugene. I rarely leave the city anyway and it is less than half the price I was paying for Verizon. They have good customer service so far. It is very popular here.

I still miss Verizon though. Never had a dropped call, awesome customer service, never any problems other than being able to afford it

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

I have the MOST dropped phone calls plan by Cingular! Changing soon!
I have Cingular too and I get a lot of dropped calls as well. But we investigated switching to Verizon, and we discovered that while they have fewer dropped calls, at least in my region, there are a lot of "dead zones" and since I travel for my job this is not a good thing. Plus, my work pays for my PDA.

What type of phone do you all have? I have the Razr since they just got so cheap. DH and I had these ANCIENT phones before that though.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I share a family plan. It is free nights, and weekends(after 7pm) and I think our minutes is 1500. I have unlimited texting, hes got like 250 text for $4.95 a month. I have yet to see a bill under $100.00
I am not sure what thats about. I did call and talk to the US cellular chic and she said this next month should be cheaper~we shall see!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have no idea, work pays for mine. I hate it,nothing but a chain to find me with.

they just changed to tmoblie and now i have the sidekick
i dont need a pda phone. if they think i am carrying something this big with me forget about it. It lives in my laptop back, where i forget to charge it most of the time.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TracFone pay-as-you-go. The phone was a gift from sis ($20) and every two months I have to tank up and so spend $20 for a 60 minute/unit card. The phone is for emergencies and when we are out and can't get to a phone.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tmobile. I pay $30 a month for 300 minutes. Weekends are free. I do not use it that much so the plan fits my lifestyle. And I do not have a home phone either. So that tells you how little I talk on the phone...

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just use the Rogers Pay as you go, but am on automatic billing so that I don't keep forgetting to put a card on and lose my accumulated minutes! It costs me $10 per month.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a regional provider in Wisconsin-Cellcom. It has the best coverage for Wisconsin. I have 600 min-unlimited nights and weekends, free nationwide long distance, voice mail, call waiting, free incoming text for $39.95/mo. I am waiting for their next promo to switch to the US America plan-if I go out of state I can add nationwide LD for $10/month. Its quite adequate for me. Only one area that I lose the call-about 3-4 miles from my house otherwise no problems.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have Sprint with 400 or 500 minutes for $40 and with internet for another $15. I get a discount through work so my bill is usually like $45 total. The only thing that I don't like about Sprint is that I can't use it everywhere that I go because there are a lot of dead zones. It's not bad overall though.