I Just Dumped Out My Purse's In'rds!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many grocery store receipts, Wal*Mart receipts...old shopping lists!...paid utility bills!!...several cds...gum wrappers! No wonder my purse was getting so heavy! Not to mention a coin purse filled with pennies!

How often do you clean out the contents of your purse/wallet? Do you carry any unusual things in there? I used to carry several screwdrivers, rubber bands...all sorts of weird stuff!

Hilda>^..^<

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For the longeset time I was carrying around a pair of (clean) underwear.
I don't really know why they ended up there in the first place but I carried them around for quite some time. Obviously I'm guilty of rarely cleaning out my bag.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

For the longeset time I was carrying around a pair of (clean) underwear.
I don't really know why they ended up there in the first place but I carried them around for quite some time. Obviously I'm guilty of rarely cleaning out my bag.
That's the funniest thing! I guess your mom must have told you something along the lines of ''well I hope for my sake you're wearing clean underwear!!!''

Hilda>^..^<

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Purse's In'rds"

I've never heard it referred to that way before!

I don't carry a purse, with my sometimes poor (read - completely absent) memory I'd lose the darn thing somewhere.

My mother would always did though, as a child I remember the purses getting bigger and bigger instead of her sorting through the mess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

"Purse's In'rds"

I don't carry a purse, with my sometimes poor (read - completely absent) memory I'd lose the darn thing somewhere.

My mother would always did though, as a child I remember the purses getting bigger and bigger instead of her sorting through the mess.
Glad you liked it! I was thinking along the lines of Lynrd Skynrd's cd 'Skynrd's Inrds'...

For a while there, my purse kept getting bigger & bigger too! Seems like I carried everything for everyone in it! Not anymore! Its strictly for my stuff!

Hilda>^..^<

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hardly ever clean out my purse! It is so filled with junk! I have just about anything you could need while you are out. I always put stuff in there for "just incase this or that happens". If I ever need something out of it I have to dig around in it for a while or have to take everything out to find it! I have a big purse too! People have asked if I have a change of clothes in there too!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well I used too never crry a purse but now I do, and my last purse was a playboy bunni purse and it ws about mesium sized and I swear I had everything in it, then I upgraded to a cherry purse and I often even carried a book in there plus all the make up I RARELY wear and a wallet and my ciggs
but now I have downsized at christmas when my mom got me this tiny red purse, its enouhg to fill wiht my eyeliner, chapstick, lipgloss, a thing of eyeshadow and a mirror, also my wallet and my sigs. O and dont forget mascara
and well thats literally all i can fit into it, o and of course i forgot my digital camera, i usully squeze everything in
but I just clean it out every once in a blue moon now, before when I had the bigger purses it was alll the time because welll i swear my moms purse just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and well i dont want mine to get like hers
and also I used to always almost forget my purse, because for a long time I hated carrying them thats why i had pockets and hoodies
So now I almost always have my purse with out thinking about it and I do sometimes think i forgot my purse at a place even if i didnt take it i like freak out

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

"Purse's In'rds"

I don't carry a purse either, I just carry my money in my pocket.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH wow! You BRAVE BRAVE BRAVE woman!
I'm to petrified to see what the purse monsters have swallowed up in my purse
I really should clean it out sometime

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I clean out my purse whenever it feels like it's getting heavy. I stuff everything imaginable in there. It fills up fast. I clean it out about once a week.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I clean mine out at least twice a week, but it still had the same stuff in it. I probably have 15 lipsticks at the bottom of my purse, and when I clean it out, they all go right back. That is in addition to everything else that fits into a 20 lb purse. I used to have a small tool kit when we had the old bike, and my small Ruger.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did some cleaning the other night myself.
I found the following:
Reciepts
Gum
Tic Tacs
Lip Gloss
Screws and Nails

Straws
Allergy pills
A Candle
again
Staples
5 lighters
Empty honey straws
Car stereo remote
Shoelaces
Half a dog treat

Hot Wheels cars
Digital camera
Shingle Samples

I could go on and on.....and ya'll wonder why I wanted to upgrade to a backpack?????

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yours sounds like mine--except for the gum wrappers! It's stuffed full of WalMart receipts (I use my debit or credit cards, so I keep them--if they were cash ones (unless it's something I think I may need to return)). I try to clean out my handbag once a week. I save all of my spare change in a piggy bank--really a plastic container, for an emergency fund (I plan to start saving for a pet bills fund). I even break paper bills in order to get change--all so I can save it in the bank! It's amazing how much spare change you get in a month's time--doing this for 2 years, with the addition of any money I got for gifts--helped pay for my wedding and my house! I've now converted my former spend-thrift husband--he has a huge glass storage jar for a bank. When we bought our house, we dragged our spare change to the bank, and used one of those coin sorter machines there (free, if you have an account)! Sounds kind pathetic, but, boy, it did add up! We still laugh about this 2 years later!

MargeCat

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

"Purse's In'rds"

Wish I could do that--but I'm afraid people will think I'm not feminine! It's funny how women think we need to have a purse--but men get along just fin without them? I compromise sometimes, and use a belly bag, especially while antiquing/flea marketing.

Yet, when I was a Civil War reenactor, I got along fine without a purse. Women didn't usually carry anything resembling one--they often wore a dress pocket under their skirt, accessed by the (hidden) slit opening in the skirt. I just carried my modern stuff (car keys, wallet, etc.) and a hanky.

MargeCat

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I clean mine out, um......not very often!!
I dont have anything unusual in mine,hehe. I just have the "usual"~gum, lip stick, girlie things
umm, a address book, drivers license,check book,my daughters immunization record, debit card, change.........um, I think thats it

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I clean out my purse whenever it feels like it's getting heavy. I stuff everything imaginable in there. It fills up fast. I clean it out about once a week.
same here - last week it was really really heavy and I realised I have been carrying around some rolled coin I meant to deposit at the bank

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually clean it out once it gets really heavy. I carry a big purse, and sometimes am amazed at what's in there - I could go away for the weekend with what's in my purse!
The funniest time I forgot to clean it out was a number of years ago - I was flying to go to a conference, and when airport security put my purse through the scanner, they said what the heck is all that in there! They took a look, and found tons of loose change in the bottom, weighing it down plus assorted odds and ends I had forgotten about! They thought I was nuts!
They asked me if I didn't have back problems from carrying all that around!