New Hope For Lactose Intolerant Ice Cream Lovers!!!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its true, its true! Last night...I just couldn't stand it anymore...I WANTED ICE CREAM!!!! My hubby had bought a box of some kind of coconut ice cream bars and I went and grabbed one...knowing full well that it was probably going to mess me up big time for the rest of the evening...BUT I DIDN'T CARE!!! Well, here we are, its been well over 24 hours and I've yet to have any lactose intolerant kind of symptoms...nothing! My tummy is so happy and so am I! I think I'll have another one tonight!

This is the brand...I've never seen them before...but I'll tell ya what...I'm going to make that company rich now that I know about them!

Hilda>^..^<

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm also lactose intolerant

I've never heard of that brand of ice cream. Maybe it's not available in Canada.

I buy "So Good" chocolate milk and they also have an ice cream too (vanilla, carmel, strawberry and chocolate). OMG it's sooooooo yummy!!!! It tastes just like real chocolate milk and it reminds me of Haagen Daaz Ice Cream because it's so smooth, rich and creamy. No soy taste at all. Even my brother who hates soy didn't know it was soy, LOL

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just buy the fruity sorbet - that's sooooo yummy! I occasionally get soy ice cream, or regular ice cream and just take a bunch of lact-aid tablets

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lactose intolerant as well!
I LOVE all natural fruit juice bars (strawberry, coconut, you name it!) there are lots of different brands out there that don't upset my stomach
/ Also- if you just have to have ice cream- SoDeliscious
is pretty good. It has a soy aftertaste- but it's the best out off all the dairy free ones i've tried

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tablets don't work for me anymore

I usually don't have problems with frozen yogurt, but I don't eat a large bowl it. Also the fudge bars/pops are usually not dairy, or dairy enough to cause problems.

I wonder though, what about homemade ice cream made from lactose free milk?
sounds like an idea to try out sometime.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

The tablets don't work for me anymore

I usually don't have problems with frozen yogurt, but I don't eat a large bowl it. Also the fudge bars/pops are usually not dairy, or dairy enough to cause problems.

I wondered about making ice cream out of Lactaid milk too! I hope someone posts a recipe!
The tablets don't work for me eithor- i've tried many different kinds- none work on me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Hmmmm, now that's worth trying I think! Let us know if you decide to give it a whirl!

Hilda>^..^<