I'm going to be published

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Our undergraduate history association publishes a journal every year (academic, peer-reviewed type journal, but run by students) and I submitted one of my essays... and it's been accepted.

Ok, to be fair, I have to clarify a few things...
1) I am part of the association so I was on the committee to choose which papers would be published. Although of course I was not reviewing my own paper!

2) It's not that hard to get in the journal... And being in my last year of undergrad, I had an advantage. (although some first year students got in too)

Still, when I apply to grad school, I can now say that I have a published article

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

That's pretty darn exciting!

What is your paper on?
That's kind of complicated to explain...
I wrote that paper for a class in "Philosophy of history" where I had to pick a book that had been influential in history and explain where it fit in with what other historians had written. The book I picked was a book about oral history, and I wrote my paper about the author's ideas about subjectivity in oral history.
Hope that makes sense...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone

I really can't wait to have a printed copy of the journal in my hands
It should be out in a month.

Originally Posted by theimp98

Congratulations!

since its a history paper, post it i want to read it
The journal will be online (in pdf format) so I'll post a link to it. I'm not sure if my article will be the most exciting, but you can also read the others.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Our undergraduate history association publishes a journal every year (academic, peer-reviewed type journal, but run by students) and I submitted one of my essays... and it's been accepted.

Ok, to be fair, I have to clarify a few things...
1) I am part of the association so I was on the committee to choose which papers would be published. Although of course I was not reviewing my own paper!

2) It's not that hard to get in the journal... And being in my last year of undergrad, I had an advantage. (although some first year students got in too)

Still, when I apply to grad school, I can now say that I have a published article
Don't downplay it girl! That's wonderful. Congratulations.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You deserve a round of applause for that accomplishment.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

The journal will be online (in pdf format) so I'll post a link to it.
YAY!!! That's great. Your topic actually sounds really interesting so it would be great to read.