Tell me your embarrassing crying stories

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The other day at work I was really stressed out- there was way too much going on at work and at home for me to deal with at once. So my boss starts talking to me about something unrelated (we share an office) and I start sobbing out of nowhere. For a good 45 minutes.
Hey, it was a bad day, okay! Luckily this is not the first time I've done this to him, so he knows how to react. (Although as I recall the first time this happened it was much more awkward because the poor thing didn't know what hit him). To make things worse, there are only the 2 of us sharing the office, but it's a very busy place with other co-workers constantly coming in and out. I miss the days when I could say my contacts were bothering me...

So come on people, help me get over my embarassment. Tell me your crying stories! If you tell me some, I promise I've got more for you.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I cry ALL the time

I just cried yesterday on the way to dinner with my coworkers after we had hired a new girl..for some reason I got emotional because I hate change

One really embarassing time was when I was new at my office, and was awaiting test results for a licensing exam I took...Well, the girl that took the test with me got her marks, and she passed..and I was still waiting, and the stress of waiting when she knew was enough to make me burst out in tears

My boss STILL makes fun of me..."what was WRONG with you that day??"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, okay, those were some good stories. Definitely comparable to my work-crying stories.

Let's see.... one time in high school there was this boy I was desperately in love with. We went to see a movie- I believe it was Pay it Forward but I'm not really sure any more. Anyway, it had a super sad ending. So of course I started crying really hard. And cried the entire way out of the theatre. And the entire way home.

Yup, that high school romance went nowhere!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

Okay, okay, those were some good stories. Definitely comparable to my work-crying stories.

Let's see.... one time in high school there was this boy I was desperately in love with. We went to see a movie- I believe it was Pay it Forward but I'm not really sure any more. Anyway, it had a super sad ending. So of course I started crying really hard. And cried the entire way out of the theatre. And the entire way home.

OMG that is too funny

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cried when I had my review and me and my boss were yelling at eachother because I wanted a raise and he wasn't giving raises

Thankfully, we have a close relationship, so me crying wasn't new to him

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try desperately not to cry in public, I am NOT a pretty crier, my face gets all splotchy and my eyes turn red like I've been smoking something

but my friend Chris always makes me cry for some reason, not on purpose by any means, but if something is bothering me and I go talk to him about it, by then end I have to excuse myself so I can cry quietly at my desk
then I go back and finish the conversation
he just takes it all in stride!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG that is too funny
Laugh at my pain, why don't you!

Oh right, it actually is funny. Can we classify that under "worst date ever"?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I've been there before

About a year ago I was working for an awning company. One morning the kids didn't want to get up to get ready, the trucks heater went out, DH and I were arguing OVER the kids not getting up and the truck heater going out, I spilled coffee on the floor of the truck, and ended up being 15 mins late to work. (I called them to let them know I was going to be late)
When I got there the owner's son said "Hey part-timer" and laughed.. I LOST IT!!!!! I started to bawl as I clocked in

Another time at the same place, I clocked in, and walked through the backdoor of the office. I said "Hey Jeremy" (same guy as above) and about that time, his dog (whom I've never met) came out from under the desk like a bat out of hell!!!!!!! Barking and snarling! I dropped everything (purse, files, lunch.... EVERYTHING) and bolted back out the door crying.... He felt so bad, he bought me lunch that day

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

but my friend Chris always makes me cry for some reason, not on purpose by any means, but if something is bothering me and I go talk to him about it, by then end I have to excuse myself so I can cry quietly at my desk
then I go back and finish the conversation
he just takes it all in stride!
I love having someone at work who just accepts the tears and goes on with the day as though it was totally normal. If not I think I'd hate my work!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I have always been really good about fighting back the tears when people are around. Most of my life I have suffered from mild depression and anxiety that would show up once in a while, and being embarrassed about it, I became really good at hiding it.
However, I do sometimes get so close to tears that I know people can tell...

I had lots of problems like that around 2-3 years ago because things were falling apart between me and my bf of 4 years... so I would often get really close to tears while at work.

I think one time I cried in front of my dad. I was a teenager (maybe 16 years old) and I was very depressed.
Anyways, that one evening, I was up alone late at night, watching a movie, and my father got up to tell me I wasn't allowed to be up so late and to go to bed. I just started crying and wouldn't stop.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my last job in the Body Shop- I had this customer who was just flat out RUDE to me- yelling at me, telling me it was my fault that his car was fixed wrong- and everytime I would put him on hold for my MGR. he would hang up and call back- telling me NEVER to put him on hold again! Finally after my mgr. got back, I ran into the bathroom crying- that guy was so mean!

Another time... I was in drive thru w/ John at Taco Bell, and I saw this young guy eating by himself- he looked so sad and lonely- I started crying for him! I always feel bad when I see peopel eating alone, I always want to go give them a big hug and eat with them!

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In college I developed a horrible fear of public speaking and accepted a lower grade on several occasions because the anxiety was so bad that I couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t even talk about my fear of doing the speech to the professors without breaking down and hyperventilating (you know, the really ugly crying).

The first time this happened I thought I would go in and talk to the professor about it. I needed the class to complete my major. I went to his office and was all smiles, friendly and laughing…until I started to say the sentence “I have a lot of anxiety about….†and did a 180 and just started sobbing and rubbing my face like a nut case. He was speechless and threw his hands in front of him like “woah…â€. Niether of us said anything for a good 30 seconds.

He then offered to write me jokes for my speech, which did not help matters because the mental picture that immediately came to mind because he wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t funny. I took a lower grade on the paper that went with the speech (which I think he gave me pity points because the whole incident which makes it worse) and just felt relieved at the time…Not to say I wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t horribly embarrassed, but at least I try to look back on it and laugh now. I never had trouble with it after college, so I think it was due to the stress of my class load and personal stuff at the time.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Another time... I was in drive thru w/ John at Taco Bell, and I saw this young guy eating by himself- he looked so sad and lonely- I started crying for him! I always feel bad when I see peopel eating alone, I always want to go give them a big hug and eat with them!
OMG when I see people eating alone especially older people I can't take it, it's so sad...MY DH always tries to sit me not facing someone alone because it ruins our dinner

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yorda

In college I developed a horrible fear of public speaking and accepted a lower grade on several occasions because the anxiety was so bad that I couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t even talk about my fear of doing the speech to the professors without breaking down and hyperventilating (you know, the really ugly crying).
I once did this during a presentation at University. I'm always a terrible public speaker and get really nervous about it but can usually stumble my way through. Well I was going through a rough time, hadn't slept in days and I was feeling particuarly bad about this presentation and the work I was meant to be showing. I got up there to talk, froze, started crying and repeating "I can't do this, I'm sorry I can't do this" for a few minutes, and then, at the professor's encouragement, proceeded to talk about my project, crying the entire way through. Now that was a good time.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Pay it Forward (yes, that is the right name) had the sadest ending to a movie ever!!! I cried so much at the end of that movie!!!!
I cried and I was mad that they made the movie end that way! I cry all the time in movies!! I have even cried in little kid movies!! You know that movie Homeward Bound? I had a friend who made fun of someone for crying at the part when the dog comes home at the end and then I watched it with them and I cried!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

I cry all the time in movies!! I have even cried in little kid movies!! You know that movie Homeward Bound? I had a friend who made fun of someone for crying at the part when the dog comes home at the end and then I watched it with them and I cried!
Aladdin makes me cry. You know the part in the movie where the Genie gets freed and his chains come off and he says goodbye to Aladdin and Jasmine? Except it's all really happy and funny and not sad at all? Tears anyway!
And I feel pathetic for crying at that part but can't help myself!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went into Hallmark the other day & was buying a sympathy card for Kenz. I started crying reading them all & some lady came over. Asked me who the card was for & I said a friend lost her kitty. She looked at me like I had 8 heads so I started crying harder....

When I lost my puppy 3 years ago, I had to call work to tell them I wasn't coming in. I was bawling my eyes out & my boss couldn't hardly understand me. To make things worse, I had been crying so hard I vomited on the phone...literally landed on the phone. My boss heard that, too.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

To make things worse, I had been crying so hard I vomited on the phone...literally landed on the phone. My boss heard that, too.
Oh you poor thing. That's got to be the saddest story so far.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wesley's Mom;1642228 You know that movie Homeward Bound? I had a friend who made fun of someone for crying at the part when the dog comes home at the end and then I watched it with them and I cried![/QUOTE said:
Oh that was a wonderful movie! And that dog they had playing the old dog...what a well trained animal! That part was soooo heartwrentching! I cried too!

Hilda>^..^<

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aladdin makes me cry. You know the part in the movie where the Genie gets freed and his chains come off and he says goodbye to Aladdin and Jasmine? Except it's all really happy and funny and not sad at all? Tears anyway!
And I feel pathetic for crying at that part but can't help myself!
I cried in Alladin too!!

Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Oh that was a wonderful movie! And that dog they had playing the old dog...what a well trained animal! That part was soooo heartwrentching! I cried too!

Hilda>^..^<
At least, I am not alone!!!