Neighbours and their cat!!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i have nothing against the cat. When we moved here almost 9 months ago, we could hear more than one cat on heat. At one point i saw three of them walking in slow motion in a circle all growling at eachother. Now 9 months later i dont know wehre the other two are, but this black cat has piped up again. I barely see it but it's been meowing almost 24 hours a day the last week and Autumn is starting. Here it is illigal to not have your cats spayed/neutered methinks. And i'm guessing that is the case along with it not being registered with the council.

I am severely ****** at the neighbours for being so damn stupid and irresponsible. We've already had trouble with their kids kicking balls into our yard a millions times and making sure they dont wreck our new fence. We live on our own property, one house. But the block behind us has three smaller units. What can i do? I dont know for sure if the cat is registered, and i am guessing by all the meowing the thing is in heat. What can i do without proof?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible that the cats travelled from another area or that they are ferral. Do you know for sure that the cats are your neighbours?

If you do know that they are your neighbours, perhaps talk to them about spaying their animals. If they are ferrals rent live traps and take them to the Humane Society or No Kill Shelter and have them spay/neutered.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It's possible that the cats travelled from another area or that they are ferral. Do you know for sure that the cats are your neighbours?

If you do know that they are your neighbours, perhaps talk to them about spaying their animals. If they are ferrals rent live traps and take them to the Humane Society or No Kill Shelter and have them spay/neutered.
We've been told by our other neighbours it does belong to the people behind us. I haven't actually met the people in the units behind us. My dad tells me they are horrid. The ones with the kids the woman is always screaming at her kids for something and whenever i see her drive off she speeds down the road and looks feral herself. Theres an elderly woman who lives in the first unit and her daughter caused us so much trouble with use getting our fences done when we moved in. Id much rather nothing to do with them, but perhaps i could stick something in their mailbox?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they are too cheap to have the cats spayed/neutered?? Then they shouldn't have any pets.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Could you afford to have the cat fixed yourself? Sometimes a "belligerent" approach works, along the lines of, "Do you mind if I take your cat in to be fixed? She's causing absolute havoc among our cats, robbing us of sleep, and stinking up our property. We love cats, and don't want to have to report an intact cat to the authorities, and have you fined, or her confiscated."

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would ask the neighbor if the cats belong to them. If they dont you could call a local rescue group to come and trap them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I would ask the neighbor if the cats belong to them. If they dont you could call a local rescue group to come and trap them.
But they could be someone elses couldn't they?