Vet visit for Chip

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
taking Chip in tomorrow. been planning to take him in for a dental check, but he upped the time frame by peeing in the new empty shoe box i left out for them last night. he considerately waited until after i got home from school but before i left for my performance, & did it while i was in the room so i know it was him! how smart is he? anyway, our appt is for 10:15am CST. i'll post results when we get home.
y'think this might also be why he takes a dump on the bed every 2-4 weeks? i'm gonna ask about that, too, & the bad breath thing as well. may get his shots updated while i'm there, depending on cost. we have a low-cost shot place where i usually take them for shots, but not for anything else, since i'm not all that impressed with their diagnostics... they told me Pixel had allergies when she had that first bad herpes flare-up.
anyway, be thinking of us - the last time i had him in a carrier, he was coming home last year, & he took a dump in it

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laureen, best of luck at the vet with Chip...Joey totally freaks out and pees or poops when it's vet time too. Once he peed on Sev in the carrier then pooped next to him on the table, and poor Sev was just there for moral support

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chip what a smart boy and I hope the vet gets you better fast

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, we're back. the vet didn't think he had a UTI or anything, but she did a cysto just to be sure... she'll call with results. he also got his shots, since it was only $10 to add them. she seemed to think it was behavioral, & suggested i move one of the feliway diffusers into the bedroom to help with the bed dumps, so i'll do that. maybe he's just missing me? i've been really busy these last 2-3 weeks with the show... & he's a real mama's boy! he did well in the car - upchucked a bit while we were at the vet, but that was all. was good for his temp & cysto, too. didn't bite anyone, not even me!
so the vibes were helpful - thanks to everyone. i'll post urinalysis results when i get them... but otherwise we're gonna assume he was just acting out.
oh, & she said his teeth look fine, too, so i guess he just has halitosis
she seemed to think he was a bit heavy, which i really don't see. they said he weighed 15 pounds, but he doesn't look fat - he just looks big. but she didn't act like it was a big issue.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear that the visit went well, and that he probably doesn't have a UTI.
I wouldn't be surprised if he were "punishing" you for "neglect". A couple of years ago, I had a student whose cat would poop on her pillow if she spent the night at her boyfriend's. After she and the cat moved in with him, her cat stopped it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Glad to hear that the visit went well, and that he probably doesn't have a UTI.
I wouldn't be surprised if he were "punishing" you for "neglect". A couple of years ago, I had a student whose cat would poop on her pillow if she spent the night at her boyfriend's. After she and the cat moved in with him, her cat stopped it.
well, i have a show tonight & tomorrow afternoon, then i'm done for a while... like probably 6 months or more before i'll be in another. i hope that's what it is

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fifteen pounds? Maybe Chip and Mika should scale down their cheese pig outs at Smudge's.

Glad to hear he's okay.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear Chip probably doesn't have a UTI. Let me know if the feliway plug in helps. Jazzy likes to poop on the area rug in my living room. I'm really getting a bit tired of it, to be honest. He used to do it to my bath rug too until I started putting it across the sideof the tub.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Fifteen pounds? Maybe Chip and Mika should scale down their cheese pig outs at Smudge's.

Glad to hear he's okay.
WTG Chip. Mika is so tiny she could have Chip's portion of cheese as well as her own.
And he is always so wonderful about sharing with Mika.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Glad to hear he's okay.
well, i didn't think the scale said it was that much, but... maybe i didn't read it properly? i was seeing 14 & some change. but like i said - he's a big cat, i don't think he looks fat at all. Pixel, now - she's a porker!
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Glad to hear Chip probably doesn't have a UTI. Let me know if the feliway plug in helps. Jazzy likes to poop on the area rug in my living room. I'm really getting a bit tired of it, to be honest. He used to do it to my bath rug too until I started putting it across the sideof the tub.
we'll see. i usually have feliway going, but i haven't had it going in the bedroom specifically, so i'm moving one of the diffusers. i'm also ordering a spray so i can spray the bedding.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a litterbox in the bedroom? It probably doesnt sound too appetizing but it might help.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Is there a litterbox in the bedroom? It probably doesnt sound too appetizing but it might help.
actually, there are 2 of them in the bedroom closet, the door of which is always open. occasionally, i've felt the boxes were perhaps not fresh enough for him, but that's not usually the case. he's done it when they were very clean. they're automated boxes, so they're usually fine unless the container is full.