Dreams....

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I usually don't remember my dreams, but I did last night. I had a dream that I was driving somewhere and I felt something odd happen with the steering on my truck - like I had a flat tire or something. I pulled over to the side of the road but I did not get out of my truck. I was thinking that if it was a flat tire, my truck would lean in that direction, so I convinced myself to keep driving. I hit normal highway speeds and THEN I did get a flat tire and it sent my truck into full spins. I remember that I wasn't wearing a seatbelt and my truck kept spinning and spinning. I remember bracing myself for a crash, very scared, spinning in my truck and that's where the dream ended. I never crashed in my dream.

Any clues what that dream means? Have you had any weird dreams lately you'd like to share?

I bet someone on here is a dream expert.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you were scared that someone you talked to on YM last night was going to hurt you if you did something wrong and there was nothing you could do to stop them.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I think you were scared that someone you talked to on YM last night was going to hurt you if you did something wrong and there was nothing you could do to stop them.

Ok, sounds like there's something underlying here...inside joke or something.

I'd really like to know about the dream though...cuz I had a similar one 2 nights ago.

I was in my truck, parked...but sorta in the middle of the road (geeze)...waiting for my hubby who was talking to someone over on the sidewalk or off the side of the road somewhere..not clear where he was. There was a vehicle to my left and another one to my right. All of a sudden there came another one...18 Wheeler!!!...barreling towards us...it happened so fast that I didn't have time to react and although the driver tried to somehow turn his rig around, it just came towards me at great speed...I looked at my hubby on the side of the road and he just had this strange look on his face.......and as the big truck came towards me on its side....at the moment of impact...I woke up...................

Hilda>^..^<

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm certainly no dream expert
but most dreams like that are somewhat self explanatory.

The steering felt odd - maybe you don't feel like you have full control over something in your waking life?

You ignored you're early warning that the tire may be flat - are you ignoring something in real life? A situation or person.
Rather generalized and I'm horrible at wording what comes to mind.

This site has lots of interpretations for symbolism in dreams.
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/
from that site:
"Car Crash
To dream that you are in a car crash, indicates that your beliefs, lifestyle, or goals are clashing with another's. It may also represent a shocking situation or painful experience. Alternatively, car crashes may forewarn of your dangerous or careless driving habits."

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goody!

Im forever asking people what my dreams mean but they just yawn and walk off!
Now, I beleive your dream has to do with you feeling out of control of a situation in your waking life, but you press on regardless and you are waiting for the inevitable 'crash' but it`s not happened....yet! Make any sense?

My recurring dream ( at least once a week ) is that I`m usually in the woods and there are lions or tigers chasing me. The last one was that I was crouching down and this lion was sniffing at my head and I just wanted to scream and run away but I knew it would get me and it would be a painful death.

Hmmm

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

I'd really like to know about the dream though...cuz I had a similar one 2 nights ago.
Hmm
18 Wheeler could symbolize something large, unstoppable
You in the truck - Smaller, defenseless
Your husband watching
Do you feel like you're being overwhelmed lately? Swept up in something you have no control over? and maybe that you're a bit alone and have to deal with it yourself? or chose to deal with it by yourself? I wonder if it could also mean you should ask for help or let someone in... hmm.
(Completely off the wall with that one)
Alternatively... have you been watching any of the horror/slasher flicks where the evil truck driver chases down the teens?

Originally Posted by Jaffacake

My recurring dream ( at least once a week ) is that I`m usually in the woods and there are lions or tigers chasing me. The last one was that I was crouching down and this lion was sniffing at my head and I just wanted to scream and run away but I knew it would get me and it would be a painful death.
From the dream moods site:

" To dream that you are attacked by a lion, indicates that you have many obstacles to overcome. You must resist the force that is driving you to self-destruction."

"To dream that you are attacked by a tiger, signifies overwhelming gloom and disappointing failures. You may find yourself distressed and tormented by rivals.

To dream that you ward off or kill a tiger, signifies that you will be exceedingly successful in all your endeavors. It is an indication of your good health, vitality, and vigor."

Oh... doesn't that just sound lovely

I'm still stuck on the lion dream a bit. I had one recently
The lioness was in my back yard and I dreamed that I was able to get away by slowly and carefully walking backwards, not showing my back that would make me a target.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The lion ones are scary, hey?!
It does kinda make sense. Ooh! I just thought. my other recurring dream is of ghosts and being in houses and sensing an evil presence! I dread to think what that means.
Thanks for the 'diagnosis'!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Hmm
18 Wheeler could symbolize something large, unstoppable
You in the truck - Smaller, defenseless
Your husband watching
Do you feel like you're being overwhelmed lately? Swept up in something you have no control over? and maybe that you're a bit alone and have to deal with it yourself? or chose to deal with it by yourself? I wonder if it could also mean you should ask for help or let someone in... hmm.
(Completely off the wall with that one)
Alternatively... have you been watching any of the horror/slasher flicks where the evil truck driver chases down the teens?
Oh my...you truly seem to have hit this proverbial nail on the head with this summation. Wow...I have much to think about. Thanks.

And no...I don't watch horror/slash flicks at all! LOL! However...are you familiar with Metallica's Enter Sandman video? Oh man...that is one of the scariest things! I shiver everytime I see it or even think of it....(which I haven't done lately so I don't think it was in the back of my mind or in the forefront either)...

Thanks again though...
Hilda>^..^<

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cubbie, I'd be willing to bet the farm that your dream has alot to do with your work situation

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I can't imagine what that would be about..I think I am out of the loop
Who would hurt Cubbie?? You Neet? Why would you hurt Cubbie?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I can't imagine what that would be about..I think I am out of the loop
Who would hurt Cubbie?? You Neet? Why would you hurt Cubbie?
Well, he's probably really a Yankees fan in disguise.... here to piss me and Karen off.....

But who knows? He might say something he shouldn't to someone I like, and
there goes poor Cubbie's widdle head....

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Oh my...you truly seem to have hit this proverbial nail on the head with this summation. Wow...I have much to think about. Thanks.
It's just a broad generalization
what you take away from it is completely up to you, however maybe it made you consider a thing or two you might have forgot. And yes, I know the enter sandman video. I wonder if the writer/director had the "big 18 wheeler coming to run me over dream" too?

Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Ooh! I just thought. my other recurring dream is of ghosts and being in houses and sensing an evil presence! I dread to think what that means.
Ghosts can symbolize a part of yourself you may be afraid of or you don't like, the same with the sense of evil. Houses can symbolize you, your mind.

In all the years that I lived in a very haunted house and dealt with some freaky stuff never once did I dream about it, odd as that sounds.
It's only been here, in this clean house that I've had one odd dream, that a shadow figure was standing behind me in the kitchen. Freaky part of that, the next day I was washing dishes, home alone I add, and a loud banging came from the garage. Sho ran over to stand between my legs, then there was a loud buzzing noise in the hallway. The poor cat tried to climb my legs
I scooped him up and ran to the bedroom, where I hid for a few hours. I'm a wuss.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once I had this really weird dream that sticks in my mind. I was being chased by some bad guy with a gun. I was in a school. I some how managed to climb really high up the wall in the gym and was hanging on some pole or something. I was was trying to figure out where I was going to go next. I did not know how I was going to get down. Then a whole bunch of people started running out of the gym (they weren't there before at all). And all of a sudden a giant walked up to me and said hello to me! It was so weird! And in my head I was thinking that I was going to ask him to help me down! That is all I can remember! Very strange huh?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Ghosts can symbolize a part of yourself you may be afraid of or you don't like, the same with the sense of evil. Houses can symbolize you, your mind.

In all the years that I lived in a very haunted house and dealt with some freaky stuff never once did I dream about it, odd as that sounds.
It's only been here, in this clean house that I've had one odd dream, that a shadow figure was standing behind me in the kitchen. Freaky part of that, the next day I was washing dishes, home alone I add, and a loud banging came from the garage. Sho ran over to stand between my legs, then there was a loud buzzing noise in the hallway. The poor cat tried to climb my legs
I scooped him up and ran to the bedroom, where I hid for a few hours. I'm a wuss.

OMG! That does make alot of sense because I tend to dream it when Im getting really stressed out at work with people or when Im just unhappy and having one of my 'everyone hates me moments'
But I can never work out if its me with the problem or them!

You lived in a haunted house?!
AAAAARGH! Thats scary.
I think you should be the resident dream expert

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cubbie

I usually don't remember my dreams, but I did last night. I had a dream that I was driving somewhere and I felt something odd happen with the steering on my truck - like I had a flat tire or something. I pulled over to the side of the road but I did not get out of my truck. I was thinking that if it was a flat tire, my truck would lean in that direction, so I convinced myself to keep driving. I hit normal highway speeds and THEN I did get a flat tire and it sent my truck into full spins. I remember that I wasn't wearing a seatbelt and my truck kept spinning and spinning. I remember bracing myself for a crash, very scared, spinning in my truck and that's where the dream ended. I never crashed in my dream.

Any clues what that dream means? Have you had any weird dreams lately you'd like to share?

I bet someone on here is a dream expert.
I wish I were a dream expert.........I had 2 dreams Thursday night, and I posted about them in another thread
They were awful!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I wish I were a dream expert.........I had 2 dreams Thursday night, and I posted about them in another thread
They were awful!!
I thought I read one of them and was trying to think of a reply (maybe I was stumped or didn't have enough details?) then the thread ended up buried.

I'm certainly no expert (there is no such thing).
Look at the dream moods site I linked or look for similar sites. When you have a dream that really stands out to you or is just confusing write it out. It's a matter of looking for symbolism, the little bits of the dreams that stick in your mind. Write out the dream and circle any words, objects, colors, or feelings that you remember vividly, then look them up on the site.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My most recent dream (that I can remember) is me encountering a tiger. It leaps at me and starts swinging at me with its paw. At first I get the feeling that it's trying to hurt me but after a while I realize it's just playing with me. So I wrestle with it for a bit and eventually when I tackle it, it gets angry with me and hits me in the face. When I woke up, I had a nose bleed.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dreams are somtimes hidden messages from the unconiuous or sometimes just primal relics from prehistory like mating, fighting or escaping from danger that really dont serve a perpose anymore expect to frighten us. Their are plenty of good books on the matter some of them are a little too christain orented to be useful to me though, I figure that dreams came before humans became clivilzed think thousends of years ago. Hunter-gathers had them just as mordern humans do, maybe wilder but still they had them. Heres some meanings I've found were actucate acording to my dreams.

Flowers and plants mean happyness and longing for spring Dogs mean friendships, Water is a serious one useally about emotions. spiders or sharks mean that either your trapped in something or worrying about things too much/ along with other negative issues.

Basicly I try to learn about it for fun but do not take it very seriously because no one REALLY knows what dreams mean.