Teufel Update!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this morning while i was planing to go through the last box in my bedroom, i noticed a big patch of wee. I called my vet right away and she told me to get it even though i didnt know how long ago he had twinkled. She gave me a Syringe, and wow did i get excited by using it!
I collected enough, luckly i had plastic in the box and he had twinkled on it and i was able to get enough! i put on my clothes and took the tram down to the vet. She looked at it and said oh that poor baby must be in so much pain! She made me take a look at it and he has so many crystals!!! I was about to cry! She told me i was a very good pet owner and that we will make it through every step!

So i came home with a big bag of Royal Canin and Wet food, I have spent over 100 euros this week on foods and everything he needs and I am not one least upset! (except i have to work hard this upcoming week to recover this much)

Now my poor baby isnt allowed to have any treats for atleast 3 months, we need to get his diet in Order.

I now have to seperate them for food. I feel so bad that teufel isnt allowed to have any treats anymore, but i am really thankful that i found out just in time! He goes in tomorrow morning for another shot!

I feel that i had to update on you all, because if anything happened to these two i would never ever forgive my self!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news, I am sorry that he can't have treats either, but maybe you can ask the vet if there is something else you can do for him as far as treats go.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Teufel
You did really well getting him to the vet so quickly the other day and now you know what the problem is, with the right food he will be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

That is great news, I am sorry that he can't have treats either, but maybe you can ask the vet if there is something else you can do for him as far as treats go.
I did ask her, unfortunately he isnt allowed untill we have monitored his diet!

I couldnt believe how quick i was this morning either running down there with this syringe in my hand!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, poor Teufel with all the crystals. I'm glad your vet caught it though..I had a cat that died from that

He will be alright, and that is great news
Poor guy, not getting treats though....but at least he will be healthier

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whata good meomy and tinkle collector!
I am glad he got to the vet in time to find out what is wrong! I am sure he will be feeling better in no time!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Teufe! But I'm sure he'll be feeling better soon.

We have a dog at the rescue that just had bladder stones taken out, more like big rocks. She's not allowed to have any treats or anything either, EVER.
It screws with her pH or whatever and it will make more stones.

Heal quickly for your Momma, Teufel!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn´t now that My nephew was sick Fran!...
..Poor Teufel...

)))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Praying for him for his soon recovery!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw - poor Teufel! At least you caught it quickly! He'll be right as rain in a while on the special diet. Jacob had that problem when he was a baby, and was on prescription cat food for a while. Now he is on a preventive diet. He has special treats that I get from the vet that he is allowed to have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Aw - poor Teufel! At least you caught it quickly! He'll be right as rain in a while on the special diet. Jacob had that problem when he was a baby, and was on prescription cat food for a while. Now he is on a preventive diet. He has special treats that I get from the vet that he is allowed to have.
Yeah he is very low in calcium!
In three months we will find out if we can go back to his normal food, but i told her I dont want to risk it... It will be a hassle for me because i have to seperate both about cat foods. I told her as soon as i am stable financially, then we can put both of them on the special foods.

I want these cats to live till they are atleast 10 - 15 years old, she told me that we can make it!

I am so delighted to have found this vet, she is so caring. I brought in Teufels little vaccination book, and she was really dissapointed about my other vet. And the fact that she made me take a look at the microscope at teufels Crystals was really good, i couldnt believe how much there was! I doubt my other vet would have shown it to me!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about the crystals, Fran, but glad that you got such a quick diagnosis, have confidence in your vet, and that the special food should help. I'm sending lots of vibes for him!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Teufel. He should be feeling better soon with the special diet. You did so well to collect his urine even though it was old.
It sounds as though you have a wonderful vet- hang on to her! Quick recovery vibes to Teufel.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poor Teufel! We just recently went through this with both Lazlo and Tuxedo.

It sounds like he has calcium oxalate crystals? If so, call your vet again and ask if he can have chicken or beef baby food as a treat. Our kitties are now on prescription diets - Science Diet X/D. It's not the highest quality food in the world, but it sure seems to be working. But even as soon as we knew what the problem was, our vet (who is also great) said small amounts of chicken or beef baby food mixed with a little bit of water is OK. ???

Such a good meowmy! And I'm SO HAPPY to hear you have such a great vet. That makes all the difference in the world!

Laurie

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't mind me asking, where are you that you are using Euros? Since 11 or 12 countries signed to change currency to Euros, I'm just curious.

Awwww, I hope Teufel will not be in too much pain and recovers quickly! It's also great to hear from the vet how great a mommy you are! BTW, Lexi's middle name is Teufelchen. lol