Cat Tree!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm buying a cat tree this weekend (hopefully). I'm sooo excited. I've been wanting one for awhile and decided to just give in and do it, as long as I can find one that's nice for a reasonable price. I just hope the boys like it. If I know my little ones (and I think I do
) they'll adore it, especially if I can get a nice tall one. Although I'm afraid that they'll decide to go and be difficult on me and not like it.
That sounds like something they'd do to me.... but only if it's something I can't return!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you get on ebay, you can get some great deals there! We order ours from Armakat. The shipping is still high because they are so heavy, but you still pay a lot less total than if you buy them from the store. Let me know if you want a link. I'm going to bed now, but I'll check in the morning, or PM me.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

If you get on ebay, you can get some great deals there! We order ours from Armakat. The shipping is still high because they are so heavy, but you still pay a lot less total than if you buy them from the store. Let me know if you want a link. I'm going to bed now, but I'll check in the morning, or PM me.
I got my two on ebay the shipping is what kills u but its a great deal

on ebay my mom got this one
http://www.armarkat.com/a5801.htm

and she only paid $40 total i do believe with shipping

and this is the one that i got
http://www.armarkat.com/a6501.htm
and well I only paid $50 because my brother was determined to get the cat trees out of the way that night
people go crazy on there but my brother threw in $15 and my mom $10 so we paid $75.75 total for that one which still isnt bad at all I didnt wanna go past $50 because of money issues and well I didnt he didnt listen to my bidding arrangements and went a lil high on the bid but its best to wait till the alst 2 mins and below that when u are bidding for these trees
and well the cats love them so thats a big plus
I said what u said watch they wont touch it but willie love his downstairs and bella just loves the trees and so does stormie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

on ebay my mom got this one
http://www.armarkat.com/a5801.htm

and she only paid $40 total i do believe with shipping

and this is the one that i got
http://www.armarkat.com/a6501.htm
Those are AWESOME!!! I am so jealous. I definitely want a nice tall one. I've got the perfect empty space in my living room, right in front of the window where I can put it so they can perch and look out.

I'm going to go to a few local stores first to check out what they have, but if they don't work out I may very well end up ordering one online. I'm a bit hesitant to do that though, because once I factor in the exchange rate and shipping to Canada.... well it's probably cheaper for me to get it locally. Plus I'm bad at being patient for things to come in the mail.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

Those are AWESOME!!! I am so jealous. I definitely want a nice tall one. I've got the perfect empty space in my living room, right in front of the window where I can put it so they can perch and look out.

I'm going to go to a few local stores first to check out what they have, but if they don't work out I may very well end up ordering one online. I'm a bit hesitant to do that though, because once I factor in the exchange rate and shipping to Canada.... well it's probably cheaper for me to get it locally. Plus I'm bad at being patient for things to come in the mail.
I know what U mean I called my brother like everyday...well did it come yet?
and the day i didnt ask it did i was so happy, and it didnt take long to build them and well they kitties just LOVE them, bella and stormie fight over the highest spot all the time and well will is officially the king down in the livingroom with the highest spot in the downstairs area we did do a lot of looking around and well we had to resort to online and I checked out ebay and said ok thats it we are going for it, it was the cheapest than the sites even so i just went for it

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a thread here on my cat tree my furkids LOVE IT it goes tot he celling. I got it second hand for 2.00 and there was 2 there havent put second one up yet. But trust me cats love the tall onse because it is tall LOL. I did anchor mine to the wall I felt it was not sturdy to me so that is a thought when ya buy it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i got my 1st one on eBay, it's an Armarkat tree. you can see it here. it was $71 including shipping, which was about $50. but i've had it for over a year, & it gets lots of use. i did anchor it to the wall, just to be safe.

i just ordered this one the other day, & it's due to arrive on Monday. i ordered it directly from Armarkat, after checking on eBay & not seeing this particular model. i wanted it because of the color - it'll go well with my front rooms, where i'm planning on putting it. anyway, ordering directly shipping was free. tree was $89.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

As you're in Canada, there may be some hidden shipping costs that aren't apparent at first. This is what happened when I got my sofa scram mats. I got a bill later in the mail from Fed Ex that I didn't realize was extra.

I'm curious if any other canadians have had this happen to them ie. an extra hidden shipping fee?

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

As you're in Canada, there may be some hidden shipping costs that aren't apparent at first. This is what happened when I got my sofa scram mats. I got a bill later in the mail from Fed Ex that I didn't realize was extra.

I'm curious if any other canadians have had this happen to them ie. an extra hidden shipping fee?
I've never had that happen before, but it's exactly the reason I'm nervous about ordering any large items through the mail. Was this a customs fee or something different? I'd be pretty upset about not knowing all the costs up front.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the new tree you ordered Laureen! I might have to look into that one...$89 is quite a deal, IMO!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I am thrilled to report that I'm the proud owner of a new cat tree. My boys were a but unsure at first but definitely intrigued by the new acquisition. Now they're all over it, scratching as though there's no tomorrow. Pekoe is up on the very top perch right now stretched out as long as he can make himself. I'm glad they seem to like it, because I'd be reeeeeally annoyed at dragging this gigantic piece of furniture home and have them not like it!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I love the new tree you ordered Laureen! I might have to look into that one...$89 is quite a deal, IMO!
yep, i like it... it's not real tall, like my other one, but that's ok.