Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I just had a terrible day at work and I just need to scream and punch something. Back home, I could go out back and chop some wood. That is suuuuuuuch a great way to release stress.

I have a coworker that I've butted heads with since day one. I know for a fact that other people have butted heads with her but for whatever reason, they never said anything - at least that I know of.

I had words with her a few months ago and after coming to the conclusion that we weren't getting anywhere, I realized we needed to meet with our manager. We had a meeting and discussed stuff - I needed to communicate "better" and she needed to stop being the DEVIL!

We just had a follow up meeting today and the last few months for me were ok. We had one bad incident and that was it. Well, she had different thoughts.

I'm really at a loss about what to do next. I have no problems with anyone else - well, nothing abnormal. I know people have requested to NOT work with her.

I wish avoiding her was an option, but with the projects we have coming up, it's not going to happen.

Please don't quote my post... I may decide later that this was a terrible idea to post. LOL

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What different thoghts did she have? It sounds like a personality clash, and something that you need to work out, if both of you are willing. Is there someone willing to act as a mediator, or is she just being a @$#@$?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I has a similar experiance with a girl at work she was always on me from the day she started working there and we had an altercation. We had to have a meeting with our boss it was agreed that we should not directly work together. Eventually she had a stress problem (she couldn't handle the demands of the job) She was only there for 3 months. I had been there for 2 years. she seemed to make it a goal of hers to ruin my life but it didn't work. Be strong it will work out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

What different thoghts did she have? It sounds like a personality clash, and something that you need to work out, if both of you are willing. Is there someone willing to act as a mediator, or is she just being a @$#@$?
Well, that's when I brought our boss in. This may sound silly, but it really is her and not me. I know she's pissed off a lot of people the same way she has with me - but no one else said anything that I know of until recently. One person has requested to NOT work with her.

I don't know if she can change or if she will get fired, but I think there has been too much tolerance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I has a similar experiance with a girl at work she was always on me from the day she started working there and we had an altercation. We had to have a meeting with our boss it was agreed that we should not directly work together. Eventually she had a stress problem (she couldn't handle the demands of the job) She was only there for 3 months. I had been there for 2 years. she seemed to make it a goal of hers to ruin my life but it didn't work. Be strong it will work out.
I'm much younger than she is. We have the same job title so at least the odds are good that she can't bug me for the rest of MY life.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cubbie

I'm much younger than she is. We have the same job title so at least the odds are good that she can't bug me for the rest of MY life.
I was younger than this girl too I'm 28 she was 39 and acter more like a kid than I do. YOu can always hope she quits.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that things have gotten so bad a work for you..Hang in there.
Here is a little something for you for your co-worker
Sending some mega better <<vibes>> your way..

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we have something at work where if people can't work out their differences, a mediator is called in. However, I've never seen it go to that point! If the supervisor is on the ball, she should be addressing this right away to prevent it from escalating!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cubbie

Seems like maybe you are a threat to her....no fault of your own, but if you have the same job title, plus obviously get along much better with the co-workers AND are younger..... rough spot for you
...sending lots of {{{{{peace and harmony}}}} vibes for you and your workplace!!
I wonder what kind of life your mean coworker leads OFF the jobsite
Sounds like a lonely, hurting person inside - I've met a few of those. Fortunately, things were able to turn around when I decided to use my "cat skills" and managed to create friendlier terms. The same former co-workers who used to try to sabotage me now greet me heartily on the streets! Of course, once I resolved things between them and me, they'd just pick out a new victim, usually the newest hire

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There will always be oil and water mixing in a multi employee working environment.

Unfortunately if you raise too many waves about the situation you will be dubbed a trouble maker and given the reputation of not getting along with your co-workers, even if it is only this one co-worker.

The best thing you can do is to change your attitude. You can't change what that person says or does, but you can change how you react to all of it.

My advice is to go to work, do your job, mind your own business and then go home and forget the work day. Dwelling on it will only exacerbate your negative emotions about the situation.

Working with someone you don't get along with is pretty crummy, but not much you can do about it either other than just doing the best you can to be cordial with her. You each give your input to the project. If she doesn't want to accept your input, do what you can to contribute and if the project flops, indicate that while you tried to give your input about certain things, your ideas were rejected and then outline what ideas you did contribute that were accepted.