I'm a TERRIBLE mommy!!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not had a good day today- went to work not feeling good and now feeling worse...

I arrived home a while ago & immediately knew something was wrong- did not see
zebra greetin me like usual so went looking & calling for her...This is when I WISH I CAN hear so if she meowed I'd know and immediately zone in on where she was.... I had to look in every nook and hiding place to find her..

I found out poor zebra has been locked up in the storage area all day!!
Not much room in there to move around in, no food or water all day...
She seems okay though. Still feel guilty! *sigh*

And just 15 min ago, I was squishing Tango- giving him some love even though he was not in the mood and he BIT me on my nose HARD! Enough to make it bleed.....

HOPE tomorow is a better day!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I hope so, too. I wonder, though, how many members could claim that their cat(s) had never been locked in anywhere?

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are not a bad mommy....I have locked mine in a closet or pantry so often I can't even count on my hands anymore...Usually they just get cozy in there and sleep, and I have to coax them out...Here's hoping tomorrow will be a much better day for you.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pamela we have all done that...and my EX cleaning Lady did it SO many times to Sophia
Just a month or so ago Sev got locked in the pantry he made a huge mess in there knocking stuff down and crushing potato chips

Tango is a little DEVIL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you too.

Originally Posted by jcat

I hope so, too. I wonder, though, how many members could claim that their cat(s) had never been locked in anywhere?
A very good question. I'll see if I'll create a thread and poll for this.

I think Spikey's trying to make me feel better... He's kneadin like MAD on my arm as I type this...

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine get locked in the pantry at least once a month and I'm home all day!
So don't feel bad

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

You are not a bad mommy....I have locked mine in a closet or pantry so often I can't even count on my hands anymore...Usually they just get cozy in there and sleep, and I have to coax them out...Here's hoping tomorrow will be a much better day for you.
This is not the first time for me either BUT it's the first time someone was locked in THAT area- it's TINY and crammed full of boxes, junk and not much room to lay down on, etc like a closet would have so I am feeling MORE guilty about that...

Originally Posted by Bella713

Pamela we have all done that...and my EX cleaning Lady did it SO many times to Sophia
Just a month or so ago Sev got locked in the pantry he made a huge mess in there knocking stuff down and crushing potato chips

Tango is a little DEVIL
Yep- Zebra made a big mess in the storage area- a lot of boxes fell over, some shelves tilted over but the IMPORTANT thing is Zebra's okay!!

Yep Tango can be a DEVIL BUT it's my fault- I insisted on cuddling with him even when I could tell he was NOT in the MOOD for it.. Guess that's typical man for u??

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Mine get locked in the pantry at least once a month and I'm home all day!
So don't feel bad

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Grin.. Thanks!
I can't remember the last time this happened - I tend to check all cats before leaving but today I was in a hurry- running late because Buddy refused to get off my bare back for at least 10 minutes so I had to wait for him to get off before I could get ready. (If I tried to brush him off or straighten up, he'll use his claws to dig into my bare skin to stay on my back and I do not want that!)

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

.. Guess that's typical man for u??
Typical male behaviour if I've ever heard of it!

Don't feel so bad (but I know you do anyway)...we've all done this at one time or another and we all felt just awful. My kitties too usually just have fallen asleep wherever it is they were and waited patiently for me to find them...

Hope tomorrow is much, much better for you and yours too!
Hilda >^..^<