Willow's up date

willowsmom2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was doing good she couldn't handle her dry food and would throw up the white stuff. And would only eat canned cat food like the tuna. And she was drinking and going to the bathroom fine.

We took her to the vet a week ago and they said she just has alot of hair in her stomache and we got this sticky stuff that she eats and it coats her stomache and is suppposed to make her poop out the hair.

So we gave her that and she still can't handle her dry food but we're going to see what happens

She pooped out some hair today which is a good sign

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you took her to the vet and she's doing ok.
Do you mean you feed her tuna? Or tuna flavored cat food?
Will she eat chicken or beef instead? Some cats have a problem with fish flavored foods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

willowsmom2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

I'm glad you took her to the vet and she's doing ok.
Do you mean you feed her tuna? Or tuna flavored cat food?
Will she eat chicken or beef instead? Some cats have a problem with fish flavored foods.
I feed her tuna flavored cat food. She wont eat chicken or anything else but the tuna she's a picky cat

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tuna cat food is fine ... Have you tried a fish flavored one with high amounts of chn... like salmon broth salmon chicken chicken liver as ingrediants??

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Fish flavored foods may be fine for some, but I've heard lots of negative things about fish flavored foods as far as being a suspect in urinary issues.

http://cats.about.com/cs/catmanageme...rinaryhlth.htm

As well as overactive thyroid gland or hyperthyroidism as well as premature aging.

http://www.2ndchance.info/catfood.htm

Adn I'm sure I can find more.

That's why I pointed it out. *shrug*
Very true but if the only way the cat will eat wet is via a fish flavor and HAS NO UTI issues it should be fine ... as per my vet
... My vet has found some fish is better than others... and I am currently testing this idea and it is working so far