Is there a new cat in my future?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like there's a good chance we are going to be adopting a FIFTH cat.

We need vibes that it will go well, though, he's somewhat special needs. My DH works with someone who recently lost their older cat, and the younger cat isn't dealing with it too well. Not only is he lonely, but he is deaf, so he lost not just his buddy, but his "ears", too.
He's an odd-eyed white cat that had also at some point had a broken jaw so he meows kind of funny too, but I guess he can eat ok. And he also has runny eyes, so probably herpes, too. Poor guy, he's very cute, though. and he looks just like Smudge 1!!!

Apparently the co-worker is going to email me today!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
{{{VIBES}}} that you get the poor boy!
And if you do....pics ASAP please!!!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds as if he needs the TLC you will give him.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, as you know we all had a very large soft spot for Smudge 1 so I can't see this one being any different! I'm looking forward to pictures of your new baby, because surely you cannot say not to this fur baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a pic of him. I think he's just adorable. Hubby says she's going to email me today. I said, "any hints?" and he said, "I think we will need to get more food bowls."

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Well, as you know we all had a very large soft spot for Smudge 1 so I can't see this one being any different! I'm looking forward to pictures of your new baby, because surely you cannot say not to this fur baby.
looking forward to
of this boy!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His name is Clyde.

But - I sorta wonder why you name a deaf cat. I guess you need to call them something, LOL.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vibes coming that way that the new baby will be with you soon and all will get along GREAT!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little guy! It takes a special person to take on a furbaby with special needs and is grieving. Bless your sweet heart. Please keep us updated on Clyde. He sure is a handsome fellow.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get an email today, but hubby says be patient, she (the co-worker) was in meetings all day. I figure either way this kitty wins because they will either decide to have him go to another home that can deal with him, or they might get another kitty, now that they understand the dynamics of the situation. I think they really have his best interests at heart, and that's the most important.

(But I've already replaced the water in the fountain with water enriched with L-Lysine, since he probably has herpes...)
Might as well be prepared.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Here's a pic of him. I think he's just adorable. Hubby says she's going to email me today. I said, "any hints?" and he said, "I think we will need to get more food bowls."

He's a beautiful boy! I hope all goes well with the introductions.

Is there any reason why this person doesn't get another cat as a companion for Clyde and has opted to put him up for adoption instead?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

He's a beautiful boy! I hope all goes well with the introductions.

Is there any reason why this person doesn't get another cat as a companion for Clyde and has opted to put him up for adoption instead?
Well, first of all they have a 2 year old, and in her email to me she said that he takes a LOT of their time. (the baby, not the cat) She indicated that she's trying to decide if their home is still the best place for him, now that the older cat has died. I don't think she knew about the other cat being his ears, and I think it's possible she's mourning the first cat and may want to cut the emotional losses here, if you know what I mean. I'm really surprised that people I know actually seem to seek me out regarding their questions about their cats...I guess it's TCS!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

His name is Clyde.

But - I sorta wonder why you name a deaf cat. I guess you need to call them something, LOL.
Oh don't worry...you still use their names even with they're deaf! You just add a string of other words behind their names & they don't know it!