L. A.'s top attraction is a dumpster!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, for DW and I it will be!

Our kids live in Los Angeles and as some of you know, found our beloved Alley living in a dumpster down an alley. They were unable to keep Alley but asked if she could come live with Persi. So, the kids shipped Alley to us and as you can see, became best of friends with Persi. We are going out to L.A. tomorrow for a few days to spend with the kids. There are lots and lots of attractions in the area of course, but with camera in hand, I am heading to the dumpster down the alley and taking photos of where Alley was rescued. This is going to be the first place we are going to go! We'll be back in five days. Persi and Alley will be well cared for while we are gone. Funny thing though, I have a guide book to L.. A. and this dumpster is not even mentioned.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hope you enjoy the city. There's lots to see if you've never been here before. See the pier at Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Graumann's, and if you really want to see a celebrity while you're here tell your kids to take you to the Arclight Hollywood Theater to see a movie or just hang out in the lobby for a while.

Have fun!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Why not?
I hope you have a very enjoyable trip. Don't stay away too long - Alley wants that user title changed ASAP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Hope you enjoy the city. There's lots to see if you've never been here before. See the pier at Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Graumann's,
and if you really want to see a celebrity while you're here tell your kids to take you to the Arclight Hollywood Theater
to see a movie or just hang out in the lobby for a while.

Have fun!
Well, I truly was not going to mention this but you have forced me to be a name dropper. My daughter works for J.J. Abrams and was the assistant director in Mission Impossible III, travelling around the world with Tom Cruise. My son in law handled this as best he could! After my daughter graduated from USC with film degrees, she got the job. She met her husband at USC and my closet is filled with hats and shirt that say USC on them. That reminds me, I need to get packing...

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Well, I truly was not going to mention this but you have forced me to be a name dropper. My daughter works for J.J. Abrams and was the assistant director in Mission Impossible III, travelling around the world with Tom Cruise. My son in law handled this as best he could! After my daughter graduated from USC with film degrees, she got the job. She met her husband at USC and my closet is filled with hats and shirt that say USC on them. That reminds me, I need to get packing...
That's cool! Hope you enjoy your trip and have a blast!