Lupus?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Next week, I will be having tests done to try to determine if I have lupus. I am so bummed. I already have four auto-immune diseases, and don't know if I can handle another one.

Does anyone here have lupus? How do you deal with it? Thanks in advance for any input.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Next week, I will be having tests done to try to determine if I have lupus. I am so bummed. I already have four auto-immune diseases, and don't know if I can handle another one.

Does anyone here have lupus? How do you deal with it? Thanks in advance for any input.
I've never had Lupus, but my father treats people with it.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetie...you are in my good thoughts and prayers
I don't know much about lupus either but I hope all your tests turn out well.

Much love...
Hilda>^..^<

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and good luck on your tests. I will be sinding{{{vibes}}} to you!
Both my Mother (now deceased) and my cousin had/have lupus. My cousin was diagnosed at about age 13 - she has 4 boys and is living a healthy and happy life. My Mother was diagnosed with a rare form of lupus which was brain lupus. She lived for many years with this disease. I think the worst part was the beginning, because she was mis-diagnosed with tennis elbow for 3 years. I know this sounds funny, but lupus does attack the joints, etc and Mom's first signs were in her elbows - severe joint pain. Eventually she was correctly diagnosed and it took alot of drugs to get her into remission.( By the way, she died at the age of 82, with her lupus still in remission.) However, we are talking about her diagnosis of 22 years ago. There is alot more knowledge about the disease and much better forms of treatments today. You will find great information by looking up the Lupus Foundation - I believe that is the name and you can find them on the internet.
They have a great newsletter with a ton of information!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the encouragement and good thoughts and prayers. My head's still sort of reeling right now. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Any more information is appreciated, too.

Note to Hilda>^..^< (your PM box is full):
Aw, thanks! I'm crying again now! I know that if I have it, I will deal with it, but right now I feel like I've been kicked in the head, you know? Another blow. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. Take care, and stay well.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Life throws all sorts of stuff our way...we just have to deal with it somehow. You know what they say...what doesn't kill you only serves to make you stronger! If this is true, I know some people who are strong enough to benchpress a house by now!

Take care sweets...I know everything will turn out as it should...
Hilda>^..^<