Your kitty's sleeping habits

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What's your kitty's night time habits?

Smudge always comes in to us as soon as we get into bed, and leaps onto DH's chest and snuggles up to him. She rubs her face against his and he gives her lots of cuddles and attention, and they have a great ol' snuggle session. As soon as the lights are off, Smudge goes down to my feet and sleeps there all night. We never hear a peep out the little tyke - she's such a good girl
As soon as we start to stir in the morning she'll come back up to DH's chest for her morning snuggles
She always waits until we're awake though, she never wakes us

Stumpy almost always sleeps in her kitty bed which is just outside out bedroom door at the top of the stairs - she's come onto the bed for snuggles a few times recently though which is unlike her. When we turn the lights out she runs around the house doing a funny "MRRR MRRRRR!" sound, and we call her, she comes in, sniffs us, then happily goes to bed. It's like when we turn the lights out she loses us and just has to make sure we're still there....

Lily comes and goes. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and she'll be on the bed snuggled up against my belly, and sometimes we never see her all night. She generally comes in in the morning though for her morning snuggles - that's when she's cuddliest

None of them wake us up at night though, which is nice. If they have the middle of the night crazies, we certainly don't hear them! And we have an automatic feeder which feeds them at 6am and 7pm, so they don't bug us for food which is nice as well

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What darlings!!

Maverick and Penelope's habits vary.
Usually, Maverick waits until the lights are off, then jumps up onto the bed and snuggles by DH's leg. If he doesn't sleep with us, he's in his Steeler bed next to his sister's bed downstairs.

Penelope most often sleeps in her "privacy" bed downstairs (which is one of those beds with the tent top LOL). But on occasion she will cuddle up next to my leg, next to her brother.

Other times, if DH is not yet in bed and its just me, Penelope may try and steal DH's side of the bed in an attempt to resurrect the "good ole' days" before DH and her brother were a part of our lives!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I go up the stairs, Pipsqueek runs ahead of me, but stops half way up. As I walk by him, I scoop him up (or as close as scooping as you can get with a 15lb cat) and carry him to the bed. He gets a few scritches, then takes off cause the bed is Frantic's territory. Once I'm in bed, Frantic jumps up and comes up. I'll lie on my side, he'll fall over with his head in my hand. As I fall asleep, I'll scratch his face, head and neck. Once I'm asleep, he goes to the end of the bed to sleep. He MUST be touching me to sleep.

Pipsqueek sleeps either just outside the bedroom door in the hall or downstairs on his chair. He comes into my room around 6:30 to wake us both us.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat enjoys going outside at night. But lately, it has been too cold. I give him the option to go out and he looks outside and decides. When it is too cold, he stays inside and either sleeps on our legs or he has a spot in the closet ontop of my suitcase he likes to sleep sometimes! Why there, I dunno. He finds it cozy for some reason.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both Cairo and Paris come into the bedroom when we head in there. Paris avoids us like the plague the entire time we get ready, but the moment I get under the covers she moves to her pillow which used to be my sleep memory pillow until she claimed it. Her pillow lays above my pillow and she sleeps there all night. Occasionally "kissing" me with her cold wet nose when she needs attention.

Cairo sleeps with Paris on the pillow only after we come back from a trip, and they are all lovey-dovey. That only lasts for about a week after we get back. Her normal routine is to do her paw kneading on the bed as we get ready and watch TV, etc., usually on one of us. Then she goes up to her condo until we are asleep. After I fall asleep, she comes back onto the bed and lays on one of us. Any place will do, my back, legs, feet, neck, whatever suits her for the night. Her favorite is sleeping on my tummy if I'm laying on my back. Around 8ish in the morning they start playing between our bedroom, bathroom, closet and dressing room. They make that same "MRRR MRRRRR" sound you describe.
When we wake up they come back on the bed to greet us.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Molly is sent to bed when DH does around 9ish. Her and Ben fight at night & I worry about her that I don't sleep. She usually goes under the bed but comes out for dry food when I come to bed. She eventually cuddles by my feet or belly. Around 3am she lays on DH and puts one paw out to play the "I'm not touching you" game. She purrs so LOUD. She follows this up with kisses and licking his hair. Then Lucky knocks to come in and the two fight over DH. DH is up at 4:30am and Molly doesnt come back until 6am. She then lays by my legs, pinning me in the same position until I get up.

Lucky & Ben sleep together on the couch. Lucky used to come to bed with me, cuddle & then leave in 15 mins. He would come back an hour later. Once Benson calms down we can keep the bedroom door open again.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miagi loves to sleep on the couch upside down.

Tiger will get in bed with me a few minutes after I go to bed and then Miagi will get in bed with me, too.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou comes to bed when I do. He has to lick my nose, eyelids and forehead and suckle on my neck for a few seconds while purring loudly before settling down. Then he lays down facing me with his head on my pillow, usually has a big sigh and goes to sleep. I am a deep sleeper so apparently he moves in the night to cuddle further under the covers with his back against my chest as that is how I wake to him most mornings. He never wakes us for breakfast - he just waits until we get up to feed him.

Mika sleeps with Jennifer so I have no idea how she sleeps but I know she wants out of Jen's bedroom around 6 every morning. She then comes in our bedroom and gets up on the TV converter (where it's all nice and warm) until I get up. Then she and Bijou share breakfast and start their day together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Bijou comes to bed when I do. He has to lick my nose, eyelids and forehead and suckle on my neck for a few seconds while purring loudly before settling down. Then he lays down facing me with his head on my pillow, usually has a big sigh and goes to sleep. I am a deep sleeper so apparently he moves in the night to cuddle further under the covers with his back against my chest as that is how I wake to him most mornings. He never wakes us for breakfast - he just waits until we get up to feed him.

Mika sleeps with Jennifer so I have no idea how she sleeps but I know she wants out of Jen's bedroom around 6 every morning. She then comes in our bedroom and gets up on the TV converter (where it's all nice and warm) until I get up. Then she and Bijou share breakfast and start their day together.
Awwww they sound like such sweethearts!!!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout plays for a while on the bed..then leaves the room and plays with her ball in the kitchen..then she settles in with me around 3am to about 5am...gets up and plays again..then comes back in for scritches when she hears the coffee maker start since she knows that my cue to getup

Very cute

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see- Smoochie (my bottle baby) sits on the shelf above the computer and meeps at me and tries not to fall asleep (she showed up about 3 minutes ago while I was reading
). Then it's "snack time" (Bird's medicine time) for all 4, er 5- the dog too. Then Smoochie follows me to the bathroom and supervises the toothbrushing- and disappears. If it's really late and we're still up reading (even just with a booklight) she sits on the nightstand and meeps at me some more. When the lights are out and we are still, she goes to the foot of my side of the bed. Heaven help should you have to get up in the middle of the night and need the booklight to see- she chases it all over the room!

Bird waits until we lay down, and then snuggles right between us at chest height. She's getting old and is still struggling with hyperthyroidism and her weight, so she's much snugglier now (especially in winter!
)

The other 2, who knows? Meggie likes to sleep in the basement(usually on top of the DH's truck) if she can get there after snack time, and I have no idea where Butterbean sleeps! (By the long white cat hair in my house, I'd say everywhere
!

Every once in a while Meggie gets a wild hair, and comes in and beats up every(cat)body in the bed
, and then lays down for about 10-30 minutes, then leaves
. This means that if we wake up to the beginnings of a cat fight, we have the covers over our heads and are yelling "Meggie!!!!!" before we are even awake

Crazy cats.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nermal hangs out by the bedroom door or runs up the stairs if you go near the stairs starting at about midnight. Eagerly awaiting bed time. If I don't have to work the next day, I'm a total nightowl. If I'm up past 2:30 then both cats start to pout (ie. laying on armrests of sofa with eyes open, whacking tails. Well Fred will whack his tail, not Nerm).
When I get into bed, Nermal is always there. He gets some pets then he usually plays soccer on and off the bed with his crinkle ball for about 15 minutes. Then he settles down at my side. Around this time I hear lonely meowing from downstairs. I have to call "Fred" a few times. Eventually he comes up, often dragging his stuffed dog. He gets on the bed and usually starts off down at the bottom by BF's feet.
Later when we're asleep, he gets inbetween me and BF, right up against my other side. I often wake in the night feeling hot and pinned down like a sausage in a sausage roll. In the morning, both cats are on one side of me cuddled up.

Later....

Nermal and Fred are pouting tonight. Not on the armrests, but on the kitchen floor, infront of where I'm sitting with their backs to me. I'm obviously way past my bed time!
Notice how both their ears are turned back in irritation.

[/IMG]

Notice Nermal on my laptop bag? This is a new favourite resting spot. I've kept that bag there for at least 4 days because of this. You know your a crazy catgirl when....

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before Scratch's pyometra incident, she used to sleep with me all night. Now she doesn't sleep on my bed, but she sleeps on the beanbag next to my bed. Squee will come into my room less than ten minutes after I hit the sack, then she sits purring on the blanket I have bunched up next to me, just for her.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia sleeps right next to me. Should I move or touch her, she growls.

Damita sleeps on the left side of my left foot with her chin hanging sorta off the edge of my bed. She never moves all night. She is in the exact same spot in the am!

Dory likes to sleep under the blankets, but then he feels the need to kiss bare skin, so he settles for wherever its nost inconvenient for me.

Twitch & Lily don't sleep with me much. I am in the process of having those two sleep with me. Twitch doesn't like to sleep with me. Lily wants to be as close as possible, purrs & kneads.

I either sleep with Damita, Dory, & Ophelia, or else Damita, Twitch, & Lily. I can't have them all together.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties don't sleep in bed with me. They're welcome to, but usually don't....FH and I both toss and turn a lot and they, like the little princes and princess they are, dislike being distrubed.

Raphael, when the lights go out, climbs onto a throw pillow on the couch and zonks out. As far as I have been able to tell, he stays there until about 6:30AM when he starts singing for his supper as we call it. OMG you have not met a cat louder than Raphael. He's like a Meezer times 10!!! So, I usually have no choice but to feed him if I hav any hope of getting any more
He likes to, however, lay on my chest when I read before bed, and he wedges his head up underneath my chin.

Gracie, when I lay down, comes to get her Kitty Snacks and get scritches. While Raphael is laying on my chest, she drapes herself over my feet OR she make biscuits on the blanket. Either way, she's purring. As far as I can tell, she doesn't sleep. She just pulls all of my socks and underwear out of their respective drawers.

Leo spends his nights sleeping on the highest perch of his (and it IS his, make no mistake) cat tree, peering down on his fifedom, or he's in my perpetually drippy sink drinking all the water droplets.

Also, Leo and Gracie make time to wrestle and chase just as I'm drifting off

It's like living in a circus, and I would not have it any other way.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ping's night habits. Well 9 out of 10 times he sleeps in one of the boys' rooms when they go to bed. Then before I go to bed I open the door so he can get out. Then he climbs in bed with us (or just me). Then he gets all huffy during the night because he is glued to our side and we wanna move to a new spot and he doesn't.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well 3 r in my room at night because of the dogs and willie, and well I have Blue, Stormie, and Bella and well Bellas always been a mammas girl

But here we go...when its bedtime they get some wet food first of course, and then after bellas done eating she usually gets on her kitty bed whihc I have this big warm knit sweater that ended up getting a hole in it so my mom gave it to me when stormie was sick and well Bella loves sleeping and kneeding on that, and well when I finally get ready for bed and put down the labtop Bella races into the bed and goes and sleeps in my arm half on me but curled in my arm under the covers, and when I wake up she can be anywhere on me
but I cant sleep if she doesnt come sleep because I have become accustomed to it, and last n ight she didnt sleep with me at all
and it was so hard for me to fall asleep

Now Stormie, used to sleep on me legs ALL the time, until I bought that darn cat tree, now her and bella fight over the highest perch (thats the only part they like about it
) and I do wake up with her on me occassionally its always my legs, before when she was smaller she would be able to fit on my side and well shes growing up
and well shes to big to sit/sleep on my side anymore, although when I am on here she jst loves to sleep on the labtop so she gets all the attention
but now stormies been going under the bed to sleep
instead of with her mommy

Blue..what a little booger blue is...well she eats and she comes and jumps up in my bed and usually stays by my feet and my legs, shes not like stormie who moves anywhere she wants too on the bed or bella for that matter, blue has learned that bella is the only one thats allowed to sleep under meowmys chin (bellas rules
) So Blue stays on my legs and feet but she is as light as a feather so u can hardly feel that shes there, but all through the day she just loves to come curl up by my feet well im doing things, and of course after she eats we do some treats and teaching her to be nice with food around (towards humans, she climbs up ur legs and tries to grab grab grab) but she is doing so good, but its only with me

Tessa now, I put in my moms room and she loves to sleep under the bed in there or she will curl up with my mom, now when my dad leaves for work he lets her out of the room and she is usually in the hallway or the cat tree downstairs

Willie, the king, well he has the whole downstairs to himself at night. And he sleeps on the highest perch of that cat tree, and well when my dad opens that door to my moms room willie eventually ventures up there after he tries to get my dad to let him out
and well he loves to curl up with my mom

Midnight now got the whole basement and usually sleeps in the middle of the old couch that we have downstairs (in my brothers room) or he sleeps with my brother from what I hear, (I hate goin in the basement)

and of course they all get lots and lots of love before bedtime

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Damita sleeps on the left side of my left foot with her chin hanging sorta off the edge of my bed. She never moves all night. She is in the exact same spot in the am!
That's amazing that she doesn't move at all. Maybe hanging her head over the edge like that brings more blood to her brain and gives her great mousing dreams!

Nermal likes hanging his chin over the edge of things when resting (not sleeping). He often does this when he is being 'patient' and waiting ie. waiting to go up to bed. As a matter of fact, he's doing this right now on the stool next to me. Of course, he moved when I tried to take a photo with my phone. Typical.

I've never had a cat before who liked to hang his chin over the edge of things in this way.

Later....the best shot I could get. Nerm hanging his chin over my computer bag: