Yet Another Food Question

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this has been gone over a hundred times on here, but I keep seeing so much different information that its difficult to figure it all out. I will be getting a cat soon and want to have everything ready for him/her.

From looking at ingredients listed online, I have picked what seems to me to be the best foods for wet and dry. My plan is to feed both until I get to know the cat and can determine what meal times and combination of wet and dry works best. Out of the ones I have listed is there anything that I need to know? Is one not as good as it seems, does one cause problems for a lot of cats, etc. Or, would any of them be ok? What would be your top two? Any opinions appreciated.

Dry - Chicken Soup, California Natural or Felidae

Wet - Chicken Soup, California Natural, Felidae, Innova Evo, Natural Balance, Wellness

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by PaulaS

I know this has been gone over a hundred times on here, but I keep seeing so much different information that its difficult to figure it all out. I will be getting a cat soon and want to have everything ready for him/her.

From looking at ingredients listed online, I have picked what seems to me to be the best foods for wet and dry. My plan is to feed both until I get to know the cat and can determine what meal times and combination of wet and dry works best. Out of the ones I have listed is there anything that I need to know? Is one not as good as it seems, does one cause problems for a lot of cats, etc. Or, would any of them be ok? What would be your top two? Any opinions appreciated.

Dry - Chicken Soup, California Natural or Felidae

Wet - Chicken Soup, California Natural, Felidae, Innova Evo, Natural Balance, Wellness
Cal natural for dry and the mix for wet

second would be chicken soup( reads close to felidea yet much less$$$ and a mix of wets...

NONE listed have RED flags... only the cal natural is a good basic cat food the others are complex and can have more "issues" in some cat s...

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Hmm, I'm not sure about those particular brands. There is a site, though, that does an analysis of wet and dries, and might by helpful. This one is about pet food labels http://petcaretips.net/reading-pet-food-label.html

and this one is an analysis: http://www.catinfo.org/commercialcannedfoods.htm (in canned foods, but does have a link to another site with dry information).

Anyway, thought those might be helpful.. good luck!
All of them are at least B+ grade foods .. not low end ...

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have in past fed Gizmo Chicken Soup dry as well as California Natural wet and he did well on both. As far I know the other brands are decent but I think it's really going to come down to what your cat likes. Some cats will do better on certain foods than others so you may have to just pick one and see how you cat does on it.

~Shauna

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all your replies. As long as I know that they would all be ok choices, I will just go with whatever the cat likes best.

Thanks!