Suggestions for Walk-a-thon name?

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking for some "catchy" or cute walk-a-thon names. Most organizations who hold these come up with a short phrase or something, like "walk for the cure" as an example.
This walk-a-thon will be to raise money for the regional shelter in our area which will consiste of joining 3 towns together for all stray and rescued animals. The two ACO officers for these 3 towns are husband and wife so we would in a sense be joining their jobs as well which would be awesome. The shelter will be for dog and cat rescues and adoptions.
Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to what to call it.
I don't just want to call it "walk for the animals" or "walk for the shelter"

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Rescue Walk...have volunteers walking with some of the dogs and have cats/kittens/puppies in cages at each of the checkin points. If the dog will accept it, put a sign on him saying I WANT TO LOVE YOU! ADOPT ME!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is Paws for a Cause but I think I have heard that one somewhere. Let me think on it some more and get back to you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

The only thing I can think of is Paws for a Cause but I think I have heard that one somewhere. Let me think on it some more and get back to you!
I like that one!!! Wonder if I can "borrow" it. I'll do a search and see where it was used. If it's not local, I can probably use it right?

Originally Posted by Sweets

The Rescue Walk...have volunteers walking with some of the dogs and have cats/kittens/puppies in cages at each of the checkin points. If the dog will accept it, put a sign on him saying I WANT TO LOVE YOU! ADOPT ME!
That's a great idea! To have adoptable pets at some of the stops! Great idea. Depending on what dogs we have at the time, we may be able to bring them as well! Awesome!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

That is a GREAT idea! Who could resist a dog with a sign like that! I was thinking maybe "The Walk Home"....or even, join the "Animal Trail".

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The old standard is still good...The Dog Jog, depending on who or what participates. Same with Doggie Dash.

The Race to Rescue.

Waggin' Walk (that's kind of a visual thing)

STAR Trek (Save the animals race/rescue)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking if they're promoting walking with your dogs they could call it Strut your mutt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breal76

Hey..That's what we call ours..

lol...
Sorry!
I was just looking for something with a little catch to it. Right now it is walk for the animals. I just thought catchy would grab peoples attention.

Originally Posted by Arlyn

Is it going to be people only walk or a dog/people walk?
At this point. I don't know. The poor shelter lady said - hey we want to do a walk-a-thon but don't know anything about it. So silly me (since I have so much spare time - NOT) said I'll take care of it!

Originally Posted by Arlyn

I was thinking if they're promoting walking with your dogs they could call it Strut your mutt.
That's cute too!

They're all good suggestions!!!
I'm gonna write them all down and pass them by the committee.
Good thing is it looks like our town park is on board with this!!
My X-husband is the field rep for our soccer club and knows the folks up there fairly well. They said they'd love to help anyway they can.