Daily Thread Thursday 8 March!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY I am up and online before Neet so I get to post the Daily Thread

Today is a special day

Happy International Women's Day!

As for the actual daily stuff, I am up early because someone doesn't know how to be quiet when getting ready for an early morning for work so am up snuggling with the kitties and not wanting to venture out into the cold (it is -12c and windy out there making it feel like -19c)

So for now I am just going to keep sipping on my cuppa tea and reading TCS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not scared of Neet... she can't kill me because I am taking Trout if anything happens to Nat and Nat would have to find a new kitty mommy for Trout, and Neet and Nat are friends, so I am safe

(wow thats a mouthful)

Besides, after being woken up at 4.43, I am meaner than Neet

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel awful this morning- was meant to have a nice lie-in but Epona was up early for work and then Sonic did a widdle on my duvet

Thankfully after today I have four days off

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I feel awful this morning- was meant to have a nice lie-in but Epona was up early for work and then Sonic did a widdle on my duvet
Welcome to my world

Argh, I got up early for work to come in and cover the phones only to find that our semi-regular volunteer is here because his college class was cancelled. What's worse is that he won't stop talking at me

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I'm not scared of Neet... she can't kill me because I am taking Trout if anything happens to Nat and Nat would have to find a new kitty mommy for Trout, and Neet and Nat are friends, so I am safe

A gorgeous sunny day here, but it's a chilly one.

Gil had his tickets to come down tomorrow for a long weekend, but thanks to stupid network rail who have decided to take strike action theres no trains running until saturday so it's pointless coming down just for one day!

Anyway, i've changed his tickets for easter because the others on the farm have the other weekends booked.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evil trains!

Ours were threatening to go on strike a couple of weeks back but it ended up not affecting the schedule too much (funny how I can cope with delays when it is in preference to a strike but not on a regular day)

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

YAY I am up and online before Neet so I get to post the Daily Thread

Today is a special day

Happy International Women's Day!

As for the actual daily stuff, I am up early because someone doesn't know how to be quiet when getting ready for an early morning for work so am up snuggling with the kitties and not wanting to venture out into the cold (it is -12c and windy out there making it feel like -19c)

So for now I am just going to keep sipping on my cuppa tea and reading TCS
Dang that is really cold, it is 43 here at 5:10 a.m.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realised this morning that our neighbour's cat loves me
As I was leaving the flats he ran up to me, did the 'I'm so excited to see you' tail shake, looked up at me and miaowed. I of course gave him headrubs which he loved. He then tried to follow me to work with me trying to discourage him. I told him to go find a sunbeam to sit in, it's a little chilly here today but the sunshine is reminding me that spring is just around the corner

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am frozen to death!

I had a funny chat with my 4 y/o nephew yesterday. He was telling me how you can't live on Mars because it is frozen and other planets because they are so hot they are all gas, but how Earth is just warm and perfect for going outside in. I dared to tell him it was freezing here too - he got really upset that it is turning into Mars and we will have to find another planet to live on because airplanes scare him so he will never cope with moving in a rocket, and last time they went on a plane he couldn't take all his teddy bears an he would have to leave them on Earth to freeze
I love that kid!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I realised this morning that our neighbour's cat loves me
As I was leaving the flats he ran up to me, did the 'I'm so excited to see you' tail shake, looked up at me and miaowed. I of course gave him headrubs which he loved. He then tried to follow me to work with me trying to discourage him.
When I was in highschool, the neighbours cat used to walk me to the bus stop every day, wait til I got on the bus and go and do his thing and then be sitting on the wall when I got home, waiting to walk back up (or be carried back up usually
) to where we lived. It was so cute!

Funny how other peoples cats can become so attached to other people

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that Ginger that Epona is talking about?

That cat is always following me when I see him (?), worst of all he tries to get into the entrance to our country estate and just miaows in pain when I stop him

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is that Ginger that Epona is talking about?

That cat is always following me when I see him (?), worst of all he tries to get into the entrance to our country estate and just miaows in pain when I stop him
Yes it is Ginger, but 'country estate'? Have you lost your marbles? Are you going out this morning with the retrievers and a rifle and can you bag us a partridge or two for dinner? *tugs forelock*

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Yes it is Ginger, but 'country estate'? Have you lost your marbles? Are you going out this morning with the retrievers and a rifle and can you bag us a partridge or two for dinner? *tugs forelock*

Shhhh... Posters here don't know the truth about us living on a run down housing estate - I've already convinced people on IMO that not only am I fifteenth in line to the throne but that Charles often phones me for advice on the environment

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Wow, you are brave, stealing Neets job
Anne, you are a smart woman....

(wow thats a mouthful)

Besides, after being woken up at 4.43, I am meaner than Neet
OMG, you are meaner than me???? Matt is in SO much worse shape than I thought....

I've already convinced people on IMO that not only am I fifteenth in line to the throne but that Charles often phones me for advice on the environment
OMG, so global warming is YOUR fault????

Morning all.... I guess I've been replaced....
Oh well... it was a good run. You can't be at the top of the charts forever....

I bet Susie put you up to this, didn't she Eithne????

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

OMG, so global warming is YOUR fault????
Yep- I have my chauffer warming up the engine on my SUV at the moment as I hate getting in to the car without the seats warmed
: