Hi Everyone

hyacinthbucket

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd say hello. I had already started a thread in the Health and Nutrition section that received many helpful replies, many thanks!

We have two kitties (both are domestic short hairs). We adopted Ebony about 7 years ago -- we think she is around 8 years old. She's a very sweet, affectionate kitty, who can occasionally be a little temperamental (I suppose she is a typical cat
).

A couple of weeks ago, we also rescued a second kitty who we've named Sofie. Our vet thinks she is about 12-14 years old. We found her wandering around our neighborhood, and after a bit of investigation discovered that she had been a stray in the area for at least three months. She seemed incredibly sociable, and it did not take long for us to grow fond of her. Unfortunately, she had a cancerous tumor on her front paw, which has resulted in a leg amputation. She is in the clear for now, but will have to have further tests in 6-9 months to make sure the cancer has not spread anywhere else.

We also have a couple of retired racing greyhounds. They have not yet met Sofie, but they are both terrified of Ebony. The cats definitely rule the house around here (as it should be
).

Nice to meet you all!

- hyacinthbucket

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
welcome to TCS, this is such a great site and every one is so nice
and well this site is also very helpful and informative as u can tell, and well we do have fun around here too
I cant wait to see pics of ur crew, they sound like such wonderful kitties, and also ur greyhounds sound wonderful too
I cant wait to see pics of all of them
and well cats tend to rule the house in this house as well, i guess its easy when the dogs are outnumbered
theres 2 dogs and 6 cats but at times I think cocoa thinks he is a cat (we have 2 HUGE labs) But we just
pics here ! Bless ur heart for takin in Sofia
Well see u around the forums

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS
It is so great that you rescued Sofie for the streets, she sounds so sweet..Welcome to you and your cats, and greyhounds!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!
Love your username. There is even a thread devoted to the show "Keeping Up Appearances".

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!

It is so wonderful that you have rescued Sophie! Obviously she was either lost or abandoned, and must have been so scared trying to fend for herself.
She must be the happiest cat on the face of the earth these days!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and hello to you, Ebony & Sophie who sound adorable
I am so glad you were able to take in Sophie

Its great here, theres always lots to do and see, it soon becomes a bit of an addiction

Looking forward to your photos
we just love photos here

Glad you dropped in to join us and enjoy the forums !!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw - Sophie was so lucky that she found you! Welcome to TCS to you and your fur family! BTW, love your username! Are you a fan of Keeping Up Appearances? I love that show!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hyacinthbucket

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the lovely welcome, all! I'm having fun just browsing through the forums at the moment, and checking out all of the gorgeous avatars and signature pics of your kitties!!

I'd love to post some pics of my crew when I figure out how to, also.

ps LokisMum, yes I love "Keeping Up Appearances", and own the entire series on DVD.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hyacinthbucket

Thanks for the lovely welcome, all! I'm having fun just browsing through the forums at the moment, and checking out all of the gorgeous avatars and signature pics of your kitties!!

I'd love to post some pics of my crew when I figure out how to, also.

ps LokisMum, yes I love "Keeping Up Appearances", and own the entire series on DVD.
Well, welcome! You'll find quite a number of Britcoms fans on here! Do you pronounce your username bucket or bouquet?

hyacinthbucket

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Well, welcome! You'll find quite a number of Britcoms fans on here! Do you pronounce your username bucket or bouquet?
B.U.C.K.E.T. Bouquet, dear.

( Yay, I am a big fan of British comedy, too!! ).

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Ebony, Sofie, and hyacinthbucket

to TheCatSite and yes, bless you
for being so loving and caring and for rescuing Sofie when she so needed a forever, loving home like yours!
All 9 of us are rescued, indoor-only and spayed/neutered; our devoted servant has lived with, loved, rescued, and advoCATed for cats all her life, and appreciates so much meeting other people who care as she does.
Enjoy the site, and we look forward to seeing you all here -- maybe you will post a photo of your family, too?
We love photos here!

puddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not figured how to start a thread yet, just joined this site.
Just wanted to say Hi.

I was after a bit of advice, I have a female kitten/cat that is 10 months old and I haven't let her outside yet and I wanted to some advice on what I should do & don't do.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to tcs Hyacinth

I can't believe you chose that nickname however, as I'm from England I can only hope that it doesn't come back to haunt you

hyacinthbucket

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I can't believe you chose that nickname however, as I'm from England I can only hope that it doesn't come back to haunt you
Heehee!

Thanks again everyone for the fantastic welcomes.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Puddy

Not figured how to start a thread yet, just joined this site.
Just wanted to say Hi.

I was after a bit of advice, I have a female kitten/cat that is 10 months old and I haven't let her outside yet and I wanted to some advice on what I should do & don't do.
I would get her fixed and keep her inside but it is your choice and if you want her out please spay her first so a male cat stays away and also it might save her life.