How good are the Friskies seared filets?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I got two packs of Friskies seared filets, tuna and salmon flavour. The girls LOVE the salmon stuff, but I was wondering how good it is for them.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not good, better try a new food, We have a older cat(14) named Tom who is overweight and has had a recent chage to better food. Because of Friskies he is now going to have fatty tumors for the rest of his life. The tumors were banine and safe but he vet said to keep an eye on them, much much better foods can be found here at www.Naturapet.com.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Friskies is a low grade food in general ... what are the first five ingrediants???

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think they changed something in the ingredients personally. my cats used to like it, but then one day stopped liking that flavor. they won't eat them anymore. we're slowly moving up in quality brands. it's taking a while though.

really i think the brands like friskies change their formulas ALOT because of how my cats will like it for a while, then turn their nose up at it. the way they've been with food lately, i might be stopping at the local store that carries eagle pack. just to see if they've decided they like any of that again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Friskies is a low grade food in general ... what are the first five ingrediants???
Water sufficient for processing, liver, turkey, wheat gluten, meat by-products.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Water sufficient for processing, liver, turkey, wheat gluten, meat by-products.
well i could live with all but the meat by prducts..

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wheat gluton doesnt sound very cattish to me, It will not be used by the animals body thats for sure. cats evoled to eat MEAT plan and simple. They would actully die or go blind if forced to live on a vegeatarin diet, eve uf it was meat flavored. I even heard that stuff is bad for humans/ weat gluten.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

Wheat gluton doesnt sound very cattish to me, It will not be used by the animals body thats for sure. cats evoled to eat MEAT plan and simple. They would actully die or go blind if forced to live on a vegeatarin diet, eve uf it was meat flavored. I even heard that stuff is bad for humans/ weat gluten.
Wheat gluten is usually used to thicken the "gravey".It is the protein part of the wheat and is digested 54-74% not perfect but beter than corn or potato .. I have seen cats eat wheat in a natural setting , thou it is a high allergen
_