Hairspray

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay so I haven't seen this play nor any Broadway play for that matter but I am DYING to see what the movie is like when it comes out in July

I AM a huuuuuuge broadway music lover and my favorite right now is Rent. I can sing EVERY song by heart.

Has anyone seen Hairspray the play and are you as excited as me that the movie is coming out?

What other plays have you guys seen?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen Gilbert & Sullivans HMS Pinafore and Trial by Jury in the one show. The only good thing my ex actually did for me.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What, there's another movie coming out? There was one years ago with Ricki Lake in it, and it was great!

I adore Rent and absolutely loved Mama Mia! It was the best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

What, there's another movie coming out? There was one years ago with Ricki Lake in it, and it was great!

I adore Rent and absolutely loved Mama Mia! It was the best!
Yeah this has John Travolta in in! This is the blog for it, I don't think it has an actual website yet:

http://www.hairspraymovie.com/blog/

But check out John's costume!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I thought so
i seen it on tv and wasnt sure on what it was called and I was pretty sure thats what it was but idk, i tried to look it up and couldnt find nothing (about 5 mins ago) But I did love that movie

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to see Hairspray the movie - I saw the old one, with Ricky Lake ( I think that was her?!)- way back when!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Okay so I haven't seen this play nor any Broadway play for that matter but I am DYING to see what the movie is like when it comes out in July

I AM a huuuuuuge broadway music lover and my favorite right now is Rent. I can sing EVERY song by heart.

Has anyone seen Hairspray the play and are you as excited as me that the movie is coming out?

What other plays have you guys seen?
Hairspray is awesome
almost as good as rent...

But of course since i am currently working on a production of RENT i could be partial,

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
John Waters made the original movie with Rikki Lake. The Broadway play was based on the movie. And now, they are making a movie based on the play which was based on the movie.

Bizarre.

I don't know if I want to see the Travolta version because I have such a fondness for the original Waters film.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At first I thought maybe this was a thread about, well....hairspray!!!

I saw the old one way back when, with Ricki Lake and I loved that one!! As far as musicals, never have been to one.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm another one who saw HAIRSPRAY with Ricki Lake in it. THE Broadway shows I've seen are THE LION KING. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and MAMA MIA! Loved them all, especially THE LION KING.