*sigh* Back on disability for another month..

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I went back to work on Monday after being out since November 9th (with the exception of 2 weeks in the beginning of December), but that didn't last long. Yesterday I started having pain and weakness in my right hand again and some tingling in my fingers at night. The doctor attributes it to my using crutches and the pressure being put on my hands not allowing the right one mainly to heal as quick. Then going back to work, even though 3 weeks after getting my stitches out, was just too soon. Having my hands in one position and typing for 2 hours straight most of the time isn't helping anything.

So I'm out again for 4-6 weeks, hoping I'll get approved AGAIN for pay and dreading going back because I'll technically be a "repeat disability offender" and have the absense on my record, which isn't good. But my manager said it's most important that I heal, and we'll work something out when I get back. So that's promising. They know I'm at a bit more of a disadvantage.

Sure I'm glad to have more time off but I'm getting alittle sick of having problems..

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO!!!! You have the rottenest luck, dude. Do NOT waste your money on the lotto....

But on a good note, you will be around here more!

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
. I know how frustrating it is when you are not feeling right. Hang in there. You are doing yourself right by letting your body heal.

And more time for your kitties - they love the home time I bet

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww that stinks!
stupid body parts acting up on ya..when are they gonna learn that time is money!!!!

I am taking maternity leave in september..all I can think about is how 6-8 weeks of my life will be interrupted financially...man oh man its a stressfull thing to worry about.

I hope you get approved and your hand gets back into shape!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am sorry to hear that...been there, done-and doing that...I have had 3 different surgeries on my foot in the past year, all with 8 weeks off after...I still have another month off from this past surgery...so been on disability 3 times in one year, but I am assured that my job is not in any jepardy....Many healing <<vibes>> coming your way from me...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

NO!!!! You have the rottenest luck, dude. Do NOT waste your money on the lotto....

But on a good note, you will be around here more!
Yeah I didn't win the mega $370 million jackpot the other night..

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Ugggg that stinks...but more time home hanging with us and Reeses is a plus
Yes Reeses will appreciate that. I was actually sad on Monday that I wasn't home all day with her.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Yeah I didn't win the mega $370 million jackpot the other night..
I doubt youd be worrying about your hand or posting here if you won the jackpot
I'd buy a new hand..heck maybe an extra on if that one ever started acting up on ya
just goofin!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

I doubt youd be worrying about your hand or posting here if you won the jackpot
I'd buy a new hand..heck maybe an extra on if that one ever started acting up on ya
just goofin!
Yeah I could buy all new parts!

I like your Avatar by the way *lol* I can't help but meow at Reeses like Gary

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that! But it's important that you let yourself heal, so do what the doctor tells you to do. And it sounds like your work is supportive, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.