How old is she? (with pics)

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I got the correct information from the rescue, DeeDee was 6wks when I got her in January making her about 13weeks now. Here are pictures of her from the day before yesterday. Anyone able to tell if 13wks is about right?

That is a regular sheet of printer paper.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness she is SO CUTE!

Well I think 13 weeks looks about right. That was about the size Saki was when I adopted him at 13 weeks

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
from a cat site:

A Cat's Teeth: Timetable and Functions "During its lifetime, a cat has two sets of teeth, a deciduous set and a permanent set. Kittens have 26 deciduous teeth (molars are absent); adult cats have a total of 30 teeth.

Deciduous or ?milk teeth? begin to appear when the kitten is about four weeks of age. At six weeks of age all 26 deciduous teeth are present. From 11 to 30 weeks of age, kittens lose their deciduous teeth. During this time they may eat less because of sore gums.

When the deciduous teeth fall out, they are replaced by 30 permanent teeth. The permanent teeth should be in place by about six months of age."

so lookinig at her teeth will give you a clue.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
open her mouth and photograph her teeth if she'll let you. that is the best way to get a rough idea on age. I guess they are about right. What I think is crazy is that a rescue was adopting out a 6 week old kitten
didn't he have a mother there? that is way young.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At first she looked really small, next to the water bottles ...but by the printer paper, yes I would say 13 wks would be close. If you're able to look at her teeth I think that would verify more, or get close anyway. How much does she weigh? 3-4 lbs?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you
I fell in love with her when I saw her at the rescue. She was so little that her coordination was adorably off so sometimes she hopped on 3 feet or lifted the wrong leg to clean hehe.

That's great info about the teeth! Thanks! I'll count them tonight when I get home

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

At first she looked really small, next to the water bottles ...but by the printer paper, yes I would say 13 wks would be close. If you're able to look at her teeth I think that would verify more, or get close anyway. How much does she weigh? 3-4 lbs?
Well she is growing so fast so I'm not sure. When I took them to get shots in early February she was 1.5lbs. She needs to go in for her 3rd set of boosters sometime soon so I'll get her weighed again then. Maybe this Friday during Petsmart's wellness hours.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is about 13 weeks, but OH MY, is she a dollbaby!!! More pics please!!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd say about 12-13 weeks too, but regardless of her age, she's absolutely adorable. We definitely need more pictures of that little cutie.

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

open her mouth and photograph her teeth if she'll let you. that is the best way to get a rough idea on age. I guess they are about right. What I think is crazy is that a rescue was adopting out a 6 week old kitten
didn't he have a mother there? that is way young.
Sorry about all the posts, I guess I should read them all before I respond. She was in a cage with 2 other kittens that looked exactly the same age and size. They had her coat pattern but they were black, grey, and white. There was no mother. Petsmart doesn't carry cats or dogs but they let rescues bring in cats and dogs to adopt out so generally there are whole or parts of litters. I'm guessing they didn't bring ALL the animals they had.

They said Palas was also in a cage with one of his littermates but the littermate got adopted out right before I got there. He cried for days
poor baby. I wish I could've gotten his littermate too for his sake. But then I wouldn't have DeeDee and he just adores her.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is SO adorable! I love how she is sitting pretty, posing for the camera. You can tell she knows she's beautiful! She looks to be about that age, but if you can count her teeth or have the vet check them he can give you a good estimate.

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You asked for it!!!! HEHE Here she is the day I got her checkin out her new digs. I take lots of pics of them. I believe this was before the dreaded "welcome home flea bath" where I pulled over 30 of the hugest fleas I've ever seen off her
I wish I could've adopted the other 2 that were in the cage with her as well but my apartment complex will only allow me to have 2 max. That particular rescue asks for foster volunteers 1 night at a time. I may foster a few and clean them.

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes he adores her! They always sleep together and if one of them gets shut in a room (accidentally, of course), they both stare at the door and try to climb under it. You should see Palas (my white kitten) jump up if DeeDee is off playing somewhere and she whines. When she was real little like in those 6 wks pics, she would get lost in my 985sq ft apartment and whine until we found her or she found us

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing about 12 weeks by her size.

As far as the teeth - I questioned Charlie's fangs (they are curved - more so then any of my other cats). Someone told me that the adult fangs were straighter and if they are supposed to have adult teeth by 6 months (Charlie's age) they should look different.

Well apparently his fangs either are not adult yet or his will just be curved more then the normal cat. I tried taking pictures - its very hard to do to get a clear shot.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would say 12-13 weeks looks about right-a good way to tell too is to weigh her-kittens in general tend to weigh about a pound a month from birth so 3-4 pounds would make her about right. I am not sure of her age but I am sure she is damn cute!!!!!!!!!!!