Long time no talk!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

It's been a while since I've been on here. I have moved from So. California to Oregon and am now 8 months pregnant
My son brought home a kitten last night, at least we thought she was a kitten. She is a small tuxedo. She is skinny and dirty. I put her in the back room with food, water, and a bed until I could have a look at her this morning. She ate all the food and was waiting for more this morning.
She has a few fleas. While looking for a spay scar I found swollen pink nipples. Upon further inspection she appears to be pregnant. She has a belly that was hard to see because she is so skinny.
Can I put advantage on her?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont think you can use advantage on a pregnant queen , but i might be wrong. your best bet might be asking a vet , i know there is a dewormer that can be used but i cant remember what it is called , and i know my vets say its ok to use frontline it also says its ok on the labal. i know you cant use drontal on a pregnant queen.
plus with a vet vist he can say for sure if she is pregnant and how far gone , and the age of her. if shes very young or in poor health they may advise a spay abort just for the sake of her own health.
congrats on the baby and thank you for taking this little girl in.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know about advantage but you can apply frontline spray.
But before you frontline her - do go over with a flea comb first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies. I am going to make her an appointment at the vets office. I watched her walk from behind and she has a nice medium sized belly with that pregnant sway. She must be at least 5 weeks along, wouldn't you think? I guess I will find out.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AMY O my Gosh we have not talked in awhile
I am also prego 9 months and I am so glad I am not alone here being prego. I now know 3 eople here woo hoo. I am happy to see you and nina back. I still wanted one of those kittens do ya recall yet
I am so happy to see ya here. I was also gone I thought 8 months but I guess since June so 9 months LOL. hmmm my whole pg lol. Glad to have ya back. Please sit and stay

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again momof3rugratz, soon to be 4-right? It's funny that we are both pregnant
My cat situation is very different now. Nina passed away due to complications from her spay. I moved in September and had to live with my parents for a month so a neighbor of mine took the two kittens-sorry
My mom is very allergic, that is the only reason I didn't move with all 4 cats. Clyde and Cassidy ended up staying in my dads shop for the month. We finally found a house and during the move my youngest son let both cats out. We found Clyde but never found Cassidy. I am sure that someone found him and took him in. I posted signs everywhere but didn't get a response. So Clyde is very lonely. When my son brought this new cat home I was kinda happy because she looks a lot like Clyde. I'm not so happy to think she might be pregnant. It will be a race to see which of us has a baby first. She has an appointment with the vet tomorrow at 3.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy at least you are now back with us. We missed you.
Yes it is a race. I guess I have 4 weeks to go April 1-10th you cat might be due then LOL. When are you due.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm due April 2-8th!
All three of us can race. Are you as tired as I am? I think I am a little to old for this (I'm 36).

sully

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL ladies this is confusing me!! were all w8ing on kittens...and now babies aswell!! haha....neway just 2 point out that i would avoid all flea products on a pregnant queen but do ask ur vet 4 advice. and about worming u can worm preg queens but only with panacur paste which is used for worming kittens. again, talk 2 the vet...good luck with it all (the cat, the kittens and ur own baby)

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spring is upon us- babies every where. Good luck to you with your babies too!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back Amy, I'm so sorry about Nina and Cassidy

I'd ring the vet about advantage, I don't think you can use it. Hope her pregnancy goes well.

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope that both your pregnancies go well and that babies don't end up being birthed at the same time... so someone can be with the cat too.. lol. =) take care. hope the vet has good news!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

I'm due April 2-8th!
All three of us can race. Are you as tired as I am? I think I am a little to old for this (I'm 36).
Hi Amy isnt this awsome we are actually due at same time also. We can be baby buddies. to bad I live so far away. Showe us a bump

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was taken a month ago!

I wasn't sure if you wanted to see my bumps or the cats
. I will take a picture of her after our vet appt today.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cor , i always wanted a big bump when i was carrying the children, but i only ever went up to a size 10!! now im a size 12 and not pregnant , go figure

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

This was taken a month ago!

I wasn't sure if you wanted to see my bumps or the cats
. I will take a picture of her after our vet appt today.
love your bump I post a new one every Tuesday my Avatar shows the weely post
I am low and she is head down and leaning forward can ya tell. Do ya know the sex of the baby yet. Also sure show the cat bump she is prego also

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, here is an updated pic of my bump and a couple of the cats. We have been calling her Bonnie. If it works out, she will be Clydes new sister.

I am having another boy

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both your bumps look great. Another boy
#3 for you I have 3 and a girl on the way. Looks like you will need 1 more try LOL ( I am going to die for that arent I)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Amy, glad to see you back. I'm sorry about Cassidy.
Maybe I should make you a new siggy? Bonnie is very cute!