Introducing Audrey

nicolegray

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey! I'm new here. I started up a thread in the pregnancy and kitten forum because I was worried the cat we were adopting might be pregnant, but our fears have been laid to rest.

Audrey came home with us last night. We'd originally planned to keep her in our bedroom for the first day or two so she wouldn't be freaked out by so many new things, but she demanded to be let out. She's very confident. Not standoffish at all.

This morning, when our alarm went off, she jumped onto the bed and snuggled down between us so we could pet her.

Since then, I've been throwing a small ball for her. Her foster mom taught her to play fetch. Her one unfortunate habit is that she drops the ball just far away enough that I keep needing to get out of my chair to pick it up.

And since I know that this is all you really want, here are a few photos:

You can see that her fur is a little ratty. She had fleas before her foster mom took her in, and must be allergic to them. An entire patch of fur was missing originally, but it's grown in about halfway. We figure that with a high quality diet (probably Innova) we'll have her nice and shiny in no time.

catpaws4me

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww she is so adorable. I love short haired cats the best as they are easier to maintain and groom. Congrats on your new family addition.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi welcome to TCS, this is such a great site and everyone here is so nice
Also this site can be very helpful and also fun too
but anywho ur girl is such a cutie
so GoRgEoUs I cant wait to see more pics
see u round the forums

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to you and your new beautiful kitty Audrey

Its great here, theres always lots to do and see it soon becomes a bit of an addiction

Glad you dropped in to join us - and keep us posted on Audreys progress

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicolegray

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the replies! We're thrilled with her.

This may be a total shot in the dark, but do any of you have suggestions on where to buy high quality foods in Toronto? We'd like to start her on Innova, Evo, or a similar food, but it can be tricky to find. We're in downtown Toronto, near Ossington, for those of you familiar with the area. Vet suggestions would also be appreciated.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to welcome you and Audrey to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Thank you so much for offering Audrey a loving home - she will soon be back to peak condition

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi

She is very pretty and she sound very happy to have a home.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, she's gorgeous!

You already know us so well...we're always begging for pictures!