My First Ultrasound: TWINS!!!!

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This seems absolutely unreal, but I am having twins! I went to my first apointment yesterday and got the sonogram done. I absolutely panicked when I saw those two little bodies on the screen, the doctor didnt have to say anything. Im having such a hard time believing this, but my family definately believes and they are estatic! Everyone is going absolutely crazy over the news, we have no twins in the family and these will be the first!

They are fraternal, and doctor says they are doing just fine, but says I only have a 25% chance of having a natural birth

Here are pics of the babes!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! Double the fun! That is a bummer that you may not get to have a natural birth, but think about what you get in return!!
Congratulations!!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS! I can't even begin to imagine the surprise and shock that you felt
It's great that technology allows you to plan ahead and prepare for two babies!!
If you are considering breastfeeding, you might contact the LaLeche League for any advice/tips that they can offer - for me, using pregnancy time to prepare for nursing eliminated so many of the common discomforts. And thanks for sharing the pics of the ultrasound - AMAZING

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats wonderful news, I bet your whole family is over the moon !

Thanks for sharing the ultrasounds - they are just amazing to see

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderful...Congratulations

My cousin is also having twins (fraternal) and it has been amazing to watch her ultrasounds of them also..

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I imagine that's how you looked when you got the news!

Mom had fraternal twin siblings and I have heard many a tale of the "joys" of twins. I'll not mention them here as I don't want to scare you.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WTG you will have to keep us posted on how you are doing. This is exciting we want to see belly pics also ok

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats. Twins aren't so bad - my identical granddaughters will be four next month and I plan ahead of time, for birthdays and Christmas - I'm buying and stashing stuff, all year long.

As for the birth, no worries. DIL had the girls naturally and went home, after two days in the hospital. As long as you're young and healthy, don't sweat it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG congrats!!!!! What a shock huh???
That's REALLY going to change life for you!

Wow, I was kinda hoping I'd be one of the rarer cases who had twins even with none in the family, but there you go!

I think it was StarryEyedTiGer who was wishing twins upon everyone - blame her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am very excited, but mainly scared. Double the stuff, double the expenses, I think the only thing that will save a few bucks is the fact that I plan on breast feeding.

I havent told my grandmother yet, I think she will be one of the only people who wont be excited. I also think im having one of each. Im HOPING for at least one girl, as im getting my tubes tied after this.

I really hope I can carry these babies to term, it would be a blessing if I could have a natural birth. Im also hoping that breastfeeding goes smoothly and that I wont have to bottle feed.

These babes are fraternal, so I dont we'll have a lot of trouble telling them apart!

I had told mom I didnt want a baby shower for this second baby, but now I told her I NEED it!