Tooth cleaning problem

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello everyone
ok so everyone knows how important cleaning the teeth is,well i have a problem with that
i just can't find any toothpastes or gels for pets where i live and i can't order it online because of the international policy thing
i feed Macho dry food and try to clean his teeth with a cloth from time to time
is that enough? should i get a small toothbrush and just brush his teeth with water just to scrab excess food off?

thanx in advance

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You probly dont really need the tooth paste. You can take a small toothbrush with warm water and try to brush them that way.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my mom is a dental assistant and she swears that for the most part we all don't need toothpaste. Sure it's great for freshing breath, but according to her we don't really need extra flouride except for when we're kids, and of course the whitening and extra stuff like that is just extras.
I do use toothpaste because I have some sensitive teeth (too much pop), but I wouldnt be worried about the little ones, a good brush/whipe with a cloth should do it and if it's not the absolute best, at least it's something which is better than nothing.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dalloo

hello everyone
ok so everyone knows how important cleaning the teeth is,well i have a problem with that
i just can't find any toothpastes or gels for pets where i live and i can't order it online because of the
international policy thing
i feed Macho dry food and try to clean his teeth with a cloth from time to time
is that enough? should i get a small toothbrush and just brush his teeth with water just to scrab excess food off?

thanx in advance

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i guess this is good news then (not needing a toothpaste) so i'll keep cleaning his teeth with cloth and i'll get a tiny brush

Persi

the international shipping policy forbids shipping any cosmitics,liquid and stuff like that,, don't ask me why but that what ARAMEX told me