All suggestions for hairballs...

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think my cat is suffering from a hairball that doesn't want to come out. Two nights ago she was hacking for a long time. Since then she does it maybe 3 times a day, still nothing comes out. She has long fur and cleans herself often. She used to love me brushing her fur but now she gets annoyed so I don't do it as often. I need to try, though.

Yesterday I started using Petromalt, hoping it will help her dispel any hairballs. Does anyone find anything else helpful? I want to do whatever I can to help her. Thank you!

sparklesbling

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I changed Bling's diet to Eagle Pack Hairball formula. He was throwing up about every couple of weeks and hasn't thrown up since - it apparently helps the cats eliminate it via the back end if you know what i mean!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hannahgirl

I think my cat is suffering from a hairball that doesn't want to come out. Two nights ago she was hacking for a long time. Since then she does it maybe 3 times a day, still nothing comes out. She has long fur and cleans herself often.
She used to love me brushing her fur but now she gets annoyed so I don't do it as often. I need to try, though.
Yesterday I started using Petromalt, hoping it will help her dispel any hairballs. Does anyone find anything else helpful? I want to do whatever I can to help her. Thank you!
I honestly believe that you have answered your own question with this statement.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as hairball prevention goes, definitely consider to hairball-related foods (like the one that sparklesbling mentioned) and brush, brush, brush!!! Cosette is prone to hairballs as well (she IS a hairball!) and I've found that brushing her while she eats (she loves attention when she eats) works as both a bonding time and hairball prevention!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess what most concerns me right now are hairballs that are already giving her problems inside of her. She is on a limited diet due to other allergies, venison and green pea. One person on another posting recommended canned pumpkin or baby food squash. I will give those a try. Thanks again for all the suggestions!