how to convince my mom to....

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
make me a premium member here
she was supposed to take me shopping for my brithday which she still hasnt and it really doesnt matter to me and well I thought it would be a lot cheaper than clothes shopping if she just made me a premium member her, she just doesnt get it
so everyone throw out those suggestions on how to talk mom into it
ill even be cheap and go for the 6 month subscripton for her
thats still alot less than she would spend on clothes shopping for me that would prolby be a price of one pair of pants
so how to convince a stubborn mom??? Throw those ideas out here every one

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
say PLEASE!!!. or bring her on the site and prove to her its cheaper, also show her the site, mabie she will like it too and that will be "one up" for you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by daniel_17

say PLEASE!!!. or bring her on the site and prove to her its cheaper, also show her the site, mabie she will like it too and that will be "one up" for you
o my mom LOVES this site, and she too is also saddened by the loss of Davidson but she is one hard person to bargain with
that and she has to use paypal which she doesnt have an account so we would have to go through my brother
which that can be a chore all on its own
she is just odd sometimes and she always says moneys tight when then she goes online and buys stuff with her credit card
and well all my money went/goes to the cats
i am forever buying them something cool and neat to play with, which in reality they dont anyways. At least my $80 cat tree is at least used for their nails and well to fight over whos sleeping on the highest post

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

o my mom LOVES this site, and she too is also saddened by the loss of Davidson but she is one hard person to bargain with
that and she has to use paypal which she doesnt have an account so we would have to go through my brother
which that can be a chore all on its own
she is just odd sometimes and she always says moneys tight when then she goes online and buys stuff with her credit card
and well all my money went/goes to the cats
i am forever buying them something cool and neat to play with, which in reality they dont anyways. At least my $80 cat tree is at least used for their nails and well to fight over whos sleeping on the highest post
Not only did i pay 90€ For my cat tree, i also invested on a cheap ikea couch for a reason which was 80€ because not only do they love sleeping on it, the sides are now being used as scratching posts!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tell her your membership would remind you everyday of what she bought you - other gifts might only last a few months, you know like bath stuff etc or going out for a meal. I bought my niece a magazine sub. and she loves it and looks forward to it every month, she said its like getting a birthday gift every month, and of course it reminds her about me

So everyday you are here, you will be reminded what a lovely idea for a present this was

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

tell her your membership would remind you everyday of what she bought you - other gifts might only last a few months, you know like bath stuff etc or going out for a meal. I bought my niece a magazine sub. and she loves it and looks forward to it every month, she said its like getting a birthday gift every month, and of course it reminds her about me

So everyday you are here, you will be reminded what a lovely idea for a present this was
that's an excellent argument! my folks just give me
for my birthday - maybe you can suggest that, then get your brother to help you purchase the membership?

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hate to be a stick in the mud, and I certainly support TCS, but if money is tight, it will be better spent for something that is essential for you, present or not. You still have the fun and involvement on TCS without buying a premium membership. I realize it is your gift, but I can understand your mothers position. IF you want to buy a membership our of your own earnings, go right ahead, but a mother with limited funds is not going to buy her daughter something that isn't necessary. At least I wouldn't.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my partner wont let me buy a membership either. so i know how your felling , god i cant wait to go back to work lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Hate to be a stick in the mud, and I certainly support TCS, but if money is tight, it will be better spent for something that is essential for you, present or not. You still have the fun and involvement on TCS without buying a premium membership. I realize it is your gift, but I can understand your mothers position. IF you want to buy a membership our of your own earnings, go right ahead, but a mother with limited funds is not going to buy her daughter something that isn't necessary. At least I wouldn't.
but see shes not limited, shes constantly buying things
like today I did get her to buy me chicken soup cat lovers for the soul from overstock.com but she bought a down comforter and another foam matress to add on top of the one she has
and last sunday when SHE was supposed to be babysitting she went out all day with her friend, after she told me she had things to do around the house so me being nice said fine I will do it, next hting I know she is at the mall, then went out to eat, but my earnings went to buy her blue and a cat tree and to get stormies shots and fixed but as part of her early birthday present i helped pay for blue

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but see shes not limited, shes constantly buying things like today I did get her to buy me chicken soup cat lovers for the soul from overstock.com but she bought a down comforter and another foam matress to add on top of the one she has and last sunday when SHE was supposed to be babysitting she went out all day with her friend, after she told me she had things to do around the house so me being nice said fine I will do it, next hting I know she is at the mall, then went out to eat, but my earnings went to buy her blue and a cat tree and to get stormies shots and fixed but as part of her early birthday present i helped pay for blue
I don't know how old you are and really can't respond to what your mother or you do with your money. All I know is if I want something I buy it myself. If someone wants to get it for me fine, but I have no right to tell someone else how to spend their money. The only advice I give about money is to save as much as you can for important sruff. Maybe you can learn a lesson from your mom on how not to waste it. Dunno? I am just grateful that I was taught by my parents, through getting an allowance at a very young age, how to plan, save and manage money. Knock on wood, I can honestly say that I have been able to purchase whatever I have needed, and I have never been unable to pay my bills, and believe me I have been in some low income phases (self employed). But I can be fugal and live on a dime if I have to, and never missed out on a thing. You have to set your priorities as to what is necessary and then buy it yourself. If you don't feel your generosity is reciprocated, then stop being generous and take care of yourself.