Dumping the water bowl

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so today I wake up and find water ALL OVER MY FLOOR
so of course I have to run the sweeper like I do every tuesday and well the floor is soken wet, so I figured that maybe they kits were playing and knocked it over.....nope thats not the case, I caught Blue tonite lifting the water bowl up with her mouth and dumping it all on the floor, and I said Blue what are u doing, and wouldnt you know that she didnt even ackowledge that I was right next to her
she just kept knocking it over with her teeth, and then she would put her paw in it and then take a sip then do it again !!! hmm...i wonder why my little brat is doing this??? she used to drink the water from the bowl normally and well its just started today but she used to do it in my moms room too when she was always in there !!! She is such a breat
I am tired of drying my floor I have towels everywhere

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I know the feeling. Ben would do this every night when DH would go to bed. I don't mind so much on the rug but in the kitchen the floor is coming up from being soaked so many times. We went out and bought a heavy ceramic bowl.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Ok so today I wake up and find water ALL OVER MY FLOOR
so of course I have to run the sweeper like I do every tuesday and well the floor is soken wet, so I figured that maybe they kits were playing and knocked it over.....nope thats not the case, I caught Blue tonite lifting the water bowl up with her mouth and dumping it all on the floor, and I said Blue what are u doing, and wouldnt you know that she didnt even ackowledge that I was right next to her
she just kept knocking it over with her teeth, and then she would put her paw in it and then take a sip then do it again !!! hmm...i wonder why my little brat is doing this??? she used to drink the water from the bowl normally and well its just started today but she used to do it in my moms room too when she was always in there !!! She is such a breat
I am tired of drying my floor I have towels everywhere
You can buy containers for water that are much bigger at the bottom than the top so that they cannot be tipped over. Some even have weights added to the bottom just for kittys like yours. In other words, this is not an unusual problem.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Juno would play in her water bowl. My daughter advised to put a cookie sheet under the bowl. I have a plastic placemat in the cookie sheet. Now I just need to use paper towels to dry the sheet. This sheet has about 1 inch sides so the water or food stays on it. Really helps