Senseo coffee machine

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Any else have this? I got mine through a special offer for $15 bucks. It came with this flavor of coffee called Paris. It is my favorite flavor of coffee now. I bought the other pod holder that allows you to use regular ground cofffee in your machine. That has saved me a ton of money. I was told I could make hot chocolate with this thing. Still can't figure that out.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom has one of these... she loves it to death! I've had coffee from it, and it is pretty good... it has a nice froth on top of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's a link for the one at Wal-Mart. They come in different colors:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2608420

The pods cost about $4.00 a pack depending on which ones/flavors you want. The cappuccino ones are about the same amount of money but you get something like 10 pods in a pack. Folgers sells the pods, too. A little cheaper then the Senseo pods but you get more per pack with Folgers. I use 2 pods each time I make coffee. Not as cost efficeint as a regular drip coffee maker, but I love this thing.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ChrissyR

Here's a link for the one at Wal-Mart. They come in different colors:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2608420

The pods cost about $4.00 a pack depending on which ones/flavors you want. The cappuccino ones are about the same amount of money but you get something like 10 pods in a pack. Folgers sells the pods, too. A little cheaper then the Senseo pods but you get more per pack with Folgers. I use 2 pods each time I make coffee. Not as cost efficeint as a regular drip coffee maker, but I love this thing.
Thank you so much! I'll check it out.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have the Tassimo (below) - not sure if it over in the States, but a similar thing to Senseo - I love these 'pod' type coffee makers - so convenient - DH and I both love proper coffee, but we are hardy ever together at the same time to make it worthwhile making a pot of filter. I love the fact that you can get the pods in all different types - was can get 5 different types of coffee, tea, and a yummy hot chocolate as well!!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Gevallia sells the Tassimo, and Gevallia I think also sells pod conversions so you can use whatever coffee you want in your pod machines.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

We have the Tassimo (below) - not sure if it over in the States, but a similar thing to Senseo - I love these 'pod' type coffee makers - so convenient - DH and I both love proper coffee, but we are hardy ever together at the same time to make it worthwhile making a pot of filter. I love the fact that you can get the pods in all different types - was can get 5 different types of coffee, tea, and a yummy hot chocolate as well!!

I've had my eye on one of those for awhile. I'd like to have one at work, because I can't drink the filter coffee some of my colleagues make, as a spoon could stand up in it, so I just stick to tea.