Huge water bill, can't figure out why...

girly girl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry if this has been posted, but I could not stop laughing while watching this video.

Jennifer and Jim kept getting huge water bills. They knew beyond a doubt that the bills weren't representative of their actual usage, and no matter how they tried to conserve, the high bills continued. Although they could see nothing wrong, they had everything checked for leaks or problems: first the water meter, then outdoor pipes, indoor pipes, underground pipes, faucets, toilets, washer, ice maker, etc. -- all to no avail. One day Jim was sick and stayed home in bed, but kept hearing water running downstairs. He finally tore himself from his sick bed to investigate, and stumbled onto the cause of such high water bills. Apparently this was happening all day long when they were not at home. Knowing that few would believe him, he taped a segment of the 'problem' for posterity Now see the attached video.

-Emilie

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
too funny, thankfully my little ones do not do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

girly girl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittydad

I'm thankful as well that our cats are well behaved!

However, we've gotten into the habit of closing the bathroom door all of the time because we always find one cat or the other with their head in the toilet. I can't understand cats' love for toilets...

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Girly Girl

However, we've gotten into the habit of closing the bathroom door all of the time because we always find one cat or the other with their head in the toilet. I can't understand cats' love for toilets...
Sugar loves the toilet as well, and will even drink out of it too. So I have somewhat gotten into the habit of closing the lid on the toilet to stop her from drinking in it. But everytime I go into the bathroom, nad around the toilet, she is there waiting and watching.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

girly girl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Sugar loves the toilet as well, and will even drink out of it too. So I have somewhat gotten into the habit of closing the lid on the toilet to stop her from drinking in it. But everytime I go into the bathroom, nad around the toilet, she is there waiting and watching.
yup. My cats are the same way. Alley, she will follow me in, sit there staring at me, waiting for me to flush. Then she'll jump to watch the water swirl down. My other cat, Kitty does it sometimes as well. I really just can't figure out their fascination. oh well

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mine does
Luckily this new flusher is a little harder for her to pull than the old one... but she still does it. Yay for water included in rent!

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Mine does
Luckily this new flusher is a little harder for her to pull than the old one... but she still does it. Yay for water included in rent!
I would guess that would be a bonus, and an extreme relief too.