Stress relief

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I wondered how you guys deal with different situations. Whether it be a fight with your spouse, a bad day at work, that time of the month etc. How do you wind down and take the stress away?

I personally need a punching bag, but as i have nowhere stable to put one, i try to read and eat chocolate
or i get bursts of creativity and draw.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

What on earth!?
She has been listening to too many Britts, it's slang for slightly drunk.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

She has been listening to too many Britts, it's slang for slightly drunk.
I might hafta start using that word in Mississippi, no one will know what it means.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
OOH lol ok

Perhaps i should go to England and be amongst my relatives to learn their language. Hehe

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I cry. Seriously, it's so embarrassing because I'll start to get stressed and cry in the worst situations. Like say at work.... that's happened entirely too often.

Or if I'm at home, I'll go to sleep. It's totally me avoiding the situation, but it makes me feel a bit better because at least if I'm sleeping I'm not feeling bad.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

I cry. Seriously, it's so embarrassing because I'll start to get stressed and cry in the worst situations. Like say at work.... that's happened entirely too often.

Or if I'm at home, I'll go to sleep. It's totally me avoiding the situation, but it makes me feel a bit better because at least if I'm sleeping I'm not feeling bad.
No worries dear, I cry too!! I cry alot

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

No worries dear, I cry too!! I cry alot
Yep, me too, I'm a cryer. Thing is, I don't know what it is about crying that makes me 'feel' better? Think I read somewhere that crying (like exercising maybe) releases some sort of little micro-buggers in our bodies and actually helps to make us feel better. Well, I don't know if that's true (or if I just made it up somehow
), but I know I feel better after a cry. Maybe its true after all what our moms (and grandmoms) used to tell us when they'd say ''you just need to have a good cry over it dear, you'll feel better''...

Hilda>^..^<

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my stress reliever is to first get lost..go driving around, get on a highway and gooooooo, then with the windows down, and the radio LOUD, I do this,
(I get lost so my kids don't see me have my breakdown.)

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

Well, my stress reliever is to first get lost..go driving around, get on a highway and gooooooo, then with the windows down, and the radio LOUD, I do this,
(I get lost so my kids don't see me have my breakdown.)
Ohhh yeah I used to do that too. I'd be driving and crying and talking out loud to myself... but then I realized that it's dangerous for me because I tend to go way too fast and not pay attention to where I'm going or the other cars around me, so I decided to stop that little habit. Too bad though, because I always felt a lot better after.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do I do when I'm stressed.. ?

-take a walk/jog with my iPod
-take a warm bath
-lay down with my cats

-draw!!....

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was at work, I would smoke more and call another office to vent. If it is DH I would take a LONG hot bath(not many rooms to hide in). When I was at mom's, I would lock myself in my room with my music.

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I curl up with Zeus ( my beautiful black fur-baby), stroke him. He loves snuggling up with meowmy and so he starts purring and that always makes me feel better.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been stressed for awhile now- with being unemployed, relationship issues, and just yesterday, losing my little Davidson
, all I can do is cry- it makes me feel better, and thank God, because I cry most of my days away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I've been stressed for awhile now- with being unemployed, relationship issues, and just yesterday, losing my little Davidson
, all I can do is cry- it makes me feel better, and thank God, because I cry most of my days away.
*hugs* i know it's hard and i wont be patronising and say everything's ok. You cry as much as you need to to make yourself deal with it better. Sometimes it's all you can do and everyone is different when they are going through things. *hugs*

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually get on here to talk to my friends and listen to some music. Sometimes I will lay down or go into the bird room. How can you not be happy around a bunch of playful birds?
The kitties are a big help too.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really try not to get stressed because i've seen what it can do to people

I relax by watching t.v., having the girls climb on my lap, a glass or three of wine, some crisps, and coming on here