Newbie!

white ravyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiya! My name is Leah and my husband's name is Josh and we have two cats: a Calico Tabby named Tabitha, AKA Tabby (wow, no brainer, huh?) and a Siamese mix named Sanosuke AKA Sano

Tabitha is an older cat. I got her at a rescue shelter. she had been fixed and declawed (poor baby! what kind of meanies would declaw a cat!) and was very despondant. The caretaker there said that a man brought her by saying that his mom had died leaving the cat with him and he no longer wanted to take care of her. Tabby hated the other cats in the shelter and wanted very much to be left alone. they way she would shy away from physical contact made me and the caretaker think that she may have been abused as well (probably from the dude that didn't want to take care of her). Even still, she has attachment issues which shows that she still misses her original owner. sometimes she is afraid to get too close, like she is afraid I'm going to leave her. I love her dearly. We helped each other through very rough times. I was going through a rough patch with my then fiance. she would hide under the bed and i would leave her be and not pressure her for attention. I knew it was meant to be when I was crying, missing my fiance, when she hopped up on the bed and chirped. I tried to pet her, but she backed away. I accepted that she was not ready for physical contact, so i talked to her. and she listened. I would ask her a question and she would chirp little responses. We became very close. She still likes to be a lone for the most part, but when she wants attention, she can be very affectionate. When my fiance and I mended our issues and got married, she took to him immediately like a duck to water. for almost a week they were insperable. I'm so lucky that Tabby and I found each other.

Sano, the little goof, was being given away by a nice family who had parked their van in the walmart parking lot with a box that said "free kittens". I felt sorry for the little ones. I had already decided that I wanted another cat, more for companionship for Tabby because I was working long hours and going to school and I hadn't gotten married at that point so she wasn't getting enough attention. I had decided to get a kitten and had been looking around when I came across the "free kitten" box. Sano was such a cutie pie! at the time, he was all white, with exception of his tail which looked like a racoon's tail. as he got older, eh started taking on the tan colorings of a siamese with strange stripes mixed in, but he also had the blue eyes! he's so handsome... Anyway, at the time he had this blank expression on his face like "Everybody's looking at me... Hi everybody!". it was priceless. He didn't like being picked up at first, mainly because I think he was tired and hungry and didn't like the idea of being away from his mom. but despite that, he kept licking my hand. tabby would do that when I slept. her rough little tongue could have licked a hole through my hand if I didn't take it away from her! when Sano started to lick my hand in the same fashion, i took it as a sign. i got a box and brought him home. It was obvious from the start that Sano wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. He immediately proved time and time again that there were a few screws loose, but i loved him all the same. the goof immdeiately began to develop a mommy complex with me. as soon as he got over the shock of the relocation and adjusted to his new home and companions, he latched right on to me! I couldn't walk five feet without him right at my ankles. that lasted until I got married. He's daddy's cat now. They are two peas in pod... the only two peas in the pod... Both are a few french fries short of a happy meal... men... lol, but I love them both!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white ravyn

Hiya! My name is Leah and my husband's name is Josh and we have two cats: a Calico Tabby named Tabitha, AKA Tabby (wow, no brainer, huh?) and a Siamese mix named Sanosuke AKA Sano

Tabitha is an older cat. I got her at a rescue shelter. she had been fixed and declawed (poor baby! what kind of meanies would declaw a cat!) and was very despondant. The caretaker there said that a man brought her by saying that his mom had died leaving the cat with him and he no longer wanted to take care of her. Tabby hated the other cats in the shelter and wanted very much to be left alone. they way she would shy away from physical contact made me and the caretaker think that she may have been abused as well (probably from the dude that didn't want to take care of her). Even still, she has attachment issues which shows that she still misses her original owner. sometimes she is afraid to get too close, like she is afraid I'm going to leave her. I love her dearly. We helped each other through very rough times. I was going through a rough patch with my then fiance. she would hide under the bed and i would leave her be and not pressure her for attention. I knew it was meant to be when I was crying, missing my fiance, when she hopped up on the bed and chirped. I tried to pet her, but she backed away. I accepted that she was not ready for physical contact, so i talked to her. and she listened. I would ask her a question and she would chirp little responses. We became very close. She still likes to be a lone for the most part, but when she wants attention, she can be very affectionate. When my fiance and I mended our issues and got married, she took to him immediately like a duck to water. for almost a week they were insperable. I'm so lucky that Tabby and I found each other.

Sano, the little goof, was being given away by a nice family who had parked their van in the walmart parking lot with a box that said "free kittens". I felt sorry for the little ones. I had already decided that I wanted another cat, more for companionship for Tabby because I was working long hours and going to school and I hadn't gotten married at that point so she wasn't getting enough attention. I had decided to get a kitten and had been looking around when I came across the "free kitten" box. Sano was such a cutie pie! at the time, he was all white, with exception of his tail which looked like a racoon's tail. as he got older, eh started taking on the tan colorings of a siamese with strange stripes mixed in, but he also had the blue eyes! he's so handsome... Anyway, at the time he had this blank expression on his face like "Everybody's looking at me... Hi everybody!". it was priceless. He didn't like being picked up at first, mainly because I think he was tired and hungry and didn't like the idea of being away from his mom. but despite that, he kept licking my hand. tabby would do that when I slept. her rough little tongue could have licked a hole through my hand if I didn't take it away from her! when Sano started to lick my hand in the same fashion, i took it as a sign. i got a box and brought him home. It was obvious from the start that Sano wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. He immediately proved time and time again that there were a few screws loose, but i loved him all the same. the goof immdeiately began to develop a mommy complex with me. as soon as he got over the shock of the relocation and adjusted to his new home and companions, he latched right on to me! I couldn't walk five feet without him right at my ankles. that lasted until I got married. He's daddy's cat now. They are two peas in pod... the only two peas in the pod... Both are a few french fries short of a happy meal... men... lol, but I love them both!
Wow, this is one of the most verbose introductions I have ever seen. Welcome to TCS! I hope that you are as fluent with your camera as you are with your oral abilities. Regarding the brilliant name you gave your Calico, look at the brilliant name I used. I know some people call their cat Alley just for fun, but Alley really did come from a dumpster an an alley and I just did not want to call the poor little girl DUMPSTER!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love hearing about how kitties adopted their humans, what a great story...
Anyway, Hello and welcome to TCS, to you, Tabby, and Sano.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Leah, nice to get to know ya!
I hope to see you around the boards... Welcome!!!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

I love hearing about how kitties adopted their humans, what a great story...
Anyway, Hello and welcome to TCS, to you, Tabby, and Sano.

welcome to TCS, this is such a great site and everyone here is so nice, also this site can be very informative and fun too
but anywho..thanx for takin those too in and rescueing them
I cant wait to see photos, we just
photos here ! Well looking forward to seeing u round the forum

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leah & welcome to the forum. You must tell us how the 1st intro's went between your 2 kitties. Look forward to seeing their

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
I'm so glad you have found the perfect kitties for you and your husband!
They sound very special...even if a few screws are loose!

If you have any questions as you find your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll be happy to help.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and hello to you and you furries

Its always great to hear peoples stories, your kits sound absolutely adroable
cant wait to see some photos.

Well glad you dropped in to join us

Enjoy the forums !

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to welcome you and the lovely kitties to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Thank you so much for offering these two wonderful kitties a loving home. Our Tolstoy also came to us after his first "owner" (if anyone ever owns a cat) died - it's so sad to watch a kitty mourn.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi

Loved your intro. look forward to seeing pictures.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELCOME Tabby, Sanosuke, Leah, and Josh,

to TheCatSite and bless you both for adopting and loving two such sweet and deserving felines -- Tabby sounds like a real gem of a cat
, and Sanosuke reminds me so much of Sishya, who was scooped up by me in our old neighborhood as a runny-eyed, sniffle-nosed, smudge-faced, brown-tailed white kitten, and as you can see, she is now a plump, lovely little blue-eyed snowshoe of eight! All nine of The Nine are rescues, indoor-only and spayed/neutered, of course -- and they have brought me through many trials and tribulations, including my most recent divorce. Unconditional love and loyalty is what cats give -- they are so loving and generous with their affection!
I couldn't do without 'em, that's for sure.

Are you familiar with Cat Claws in Morrilton?
We've done mailorder and online business with this wonderful company for years now. If you don't know of them, you may want to visit their website at http://www.CatClaws.com !

So glad you joined us, and look forward to seeing you on the forums.
We love photos here, too...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white ravyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Funny you should mention Cat Claws... That's where I got my Tabby! In Morrilton, there are two buildings: the warehouse and the office. In the office on Main St is where they keep the cats ready to be adopted out. They had been worried what to do about her because she was refusing to interact with the other cats and, being an older cat, no one wanted her! But I wanted her. I am so glad I brought her home. Cat Claws is now helping me get Sano fixed. I cannot say enough good things about Cat Claws...

Pictures are coming soon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so GREAT!!!
I've loved them for years, bought oodles of terrific toys n' treats from them, and had great fun doing business with them. I love the pictures of their cats in their catalogues, and love visiting their site.

How wonderful that you adopted your sweet Tabby from them -- and as for others "not wanting" her, it is definitely their loss, right?
I adopted an eleven-month-old kitten from a dear friend who does rescue; she had languished to full growth, and my friend seemed to think her being a tortie worked against her as well. NOT TO ME! Tarifa is the sweetest, most beautiful, most friendly girl imaginable -- right away, she fit in to our large family with never a hiss, growl, or pop of the claws to anyone! And they loved her right away, too...

I'm so glad you and Tabby found one another. You know, I don't believe anything happens by accident; Tabby must have been waiting just for YOU to adopt her into her loving, forever home.
We look forward to seeing photos of your very special twosome!