nutro indoor formula

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone is on this and how your cats do on it? I was orginally gonna get the hairball formula but I don't have a car and that seemed like the best choice of the nutro. 2 of the cats are pretty over weight so I though maybe it would work out? again...just wondering

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I've learned, the LAST thing you want to give your kitties is indoor formula if they tend to run overweight. If you like Nutro, I would simply stick with that, and measure out daily portions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Really? I thought it was suppose to help with energy & what not? (do tell
)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

Really? I thought it was suppose to help with energy & what not? (do tell
)
I'll have to search for it - I learned by reading through threads here that it in fact isn't as good for your furbabies.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I should have just gone with the roasted chicken formula i was looking at

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ooohhh, that's so mixed, it is actually saying good things about the nutro indoor.
7474747474747474747474747474....hey look what my cat just typed...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you dont have senstive cats the indoor is okay.. I prefer the reg natural choice .... The indoor has the same protein and 5% less fat than reg natural choice ... it also has a good amount of lcarnitine which helps with fat metabolism and lean muscle mass .... The choice is yours but i prefer the reg

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was using the indoor formula, but my cats got too skinny on it.
I went back to the regular Adult complete care and all weights are now back in normal ranges for each kitty.
I did not see any difference as far as hairball control between the two.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
they don't so much have hairball probs, was recommended it for a good balance for all the kitties. Well maybe I'll do a regular one for the thinner cats and keep the chubby ones on the indoor till they are down to a healthier weight. The chubby ones are technically seniors (6&7). I wonder if that's why bently was gaining weight...he was on indoor SD and seeing how some people have had that prob with certain indoor formulas. well he started eating ceasar meals too. When I started adding wet food into there diets ceasar did that snobbing thing to the dry

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have mine on the nutro turkey formula. They seem to like it quite a bit. The other food they were on gave them dandruff :/

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosey

I have mine on the nutro turkey formula. They seem to like it quite a bit. The other food they were on gave them dandruff :/
were they on a different nutro or a different food all together? 2 of my guys get dandruff, one really bad. Hopefully the Nutro will help that as well.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The natural choice is garenteed for skin and coat so it should help....

You may just want senior for the older chubby ones and adult for the others... I am sure you dont want the senior vs adult speelll

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties eat the indoor weight management. Lucky isn't gaining but he isn't losing either. Molly lost 2lbs. Their fur is much softer, shiney & they shed less. I didn't notice a change in dandruff before Benson. Ben has this weird salvia and since he started cleaning Lucky, he now has dandruff. Argh.
It's hard to say how it is working. These kitties always eat more during the winter time. They don't eat as much a day as when they were on the junk food. Oh and Lucky definately has more energy.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

The natural choice is garenteed for skin and coat so it should help....

You may just want senior for the older chubby ones and adult for the others... I am sure you dont want the senior vs adult speelll
yes I know sharky, it's just so hard for to think of them as seniors....fat as they are...they do have energy. Bentley just just turned 6...oh come sharky give me the spiel!!!

I had Bentley on the Hill's SC presciption which made bentley get to his weight...thought about putting him & Nuit on it...but looked up all the ingredients and yuck...it's hardly food!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also as much as I think it would be good for them to lose a few lbs, at this point I would be happy if they don't gain. Nuit doesn't eat much, but Benltey his weight goes up & down alot

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Six is actually a bit young for senior but the reduction in some fat and protein might help instead of putting them all on indoor ... Senior speell comeing a yr or two ...

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

If you dont have senstive cats the indoor is okay.. I prefer the reg natural choice .... The indoor has the same protein and 5% less fat than reg natural choice ... it also has a good amount of lcarnitine which helps with fat metabolism and lean muscle mass .... The choice is yours but i prefer the reg
slight highjack, but sensitive to what? i'm curious because i tried switching my kitty to the indoor weight management, and he had a bad reaction to it (colitis type sypmptoms). i was actually wondering what ingredient his body didn't "like."

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by whuckleberry

slight highjack, but sensitive to what? i'm curious because i tried switching my kitty to the indoor weight management, and he had a bad reaction to it (colitis type sypmptoms). i was actually wondering what ingredient his body didn't "like."
it has soy protein isolate to help with bones but some kittys are sensitive ... the regular natural choice does not ... what was the food prior???