Still vomiting

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, Kitty is still vomiting.
The thing is he is only doing it in the morning after his breakfast. When he has his tea , supper, he is perfectly fine.
In all other ways he is his usual demanding self

Im also wondering if it was a coincidence that he didnt vomit at all when he was on the anti-biotics for a week or if something else is going on?
I`ve held off going back to the vets as he seems ok otherwise and Im convinced they will say its nothing and think Im neurotic.
Im going to ring tomorrow and see if they will let me speak to the vet before taking him in.
Surely it cant be nothing if its every day and it cant be good for him.
If I dont get any help from this vet do you think I should take him to anouther practice?
He really hates it and wees all over his carrier but I need to know whats going on.
Am I getting in a flap over nothing?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the time between supper and breakfast his longest stretch with no food?

I have 2 that don't do well with an empty stomach, that's the reason I ask. Just a thought. Not sure of the solution, but it's an idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he has breakfast at 7am usually.
Then he has tea about 3pm.
Then he wants supper at 6pm.
Before I go to bed he has Whiskers Dentibix, thats at about 10, 10:30.
He will ask for more food after he vomits and keeps that down usually.
He is quite a large boy and if I leave a bowl of food down he eats and eats till its all gone so I wouldnt want to free feed him.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saki was vomiting almost every day / every other day for a total of about 3 months last year. :| He had absolutely NO other symptoms and acted perfectly normal otherwise. I did not take him to the vet for a while because of this reason. Finally we did some bloodwork, vet checked him out, and we tried changing his diet. A few times, but that didnt work either. I started him on Transfer Factor and he mysteriously stopped vomiting and has not vomited since last year. VERY STRANGE stuff.
I think maybe he had some kind of virus or something, not really sure to this day.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Saki!

What is Transfer Factor?
Did he eat ok before he got sick? I only ask because Kitty has Hills ID or Science Plan for sensitive stomach though he`s never had any tests done.
Thats what the vet recommended and it worked well.
I cant give him any `normal` wet cat meat or even the Hills wet food because he just brings it all back up.
Im glad Saki is better now

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my understanding, although I have no proof of this, that sometimes feeding a high protein, low carb, no grains diet (available in a dry kibble) will sometimes help upset stomachs as regular commercial dry ingredients occasionally disagree with a cat's metobolic/digestive system. I just started two of mine on a high protein no grain dry, so I don't know how it will work. At some point, I will update that.

The other suggestion I have is.. if you're available to feed Saki two smaller meals, a little farther spaced apart, it might help. It might simply be that it's too much on an empty stomach, and he's having trouble digesting. If you're available to give two smaller meals.. give a very small portion for the first one, and then perhaps the remainder an hour or so later. If you're not able to do it, you might also consider one of the timed food dishes.

I don't know if that will help or not, but I hope Saki gets better soon.

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor baby. I hope you can figure it out.

I had a few incidents with my little one vomiting.

The first was when he was having diarrhea. He was vomiting every other day or so. I took him to the vet and they did an x-ray. Turns out he was constipated. Not completely, b/c he had soft stool, so something was getting out, but he was definitely stuck. So they gave him an enema and he stopped puking.

The following week, we had another diarrhea episode with both kitties. The common denominator is that they are both on antibiotics. So....I was given the advice to feed the Hill's R/D diet for 2 days and add Fortiflora to their food, while cutting the antibiotic dosage in half.

This worked like a charm, however, I noticed that Pico (the puker) vomited both days. As soon as I took away the food, the puking stopped. Little guy's been okay since then.

I noticed you mentioned a Hill's prescription food. Is that new? I wonder if that could be upsetting your little one....

Hope that helped at least a little.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Poor Saki!

What is Transfer Factor?
Did he eat ok before he got sick? I only ask because Kitty has Hills ID or Science Plan for sensitive stomach though he`s never had any tests done.
Thats what the vet recommended and it worked well.
I cant give him any `normal` wet cat meat or even the Hills wet food because he just brings it all back up.
Im glad Saki is better now
Transfer factor is an immune system booster/supplement of sorts. You can do a search for it on google for more info.

He ate fine before he got sick, the vet and I were completely baffled and just as baffled that he is totally fine now.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this morning I finally remembered to raise his food dish. I Know. Im a bad meowmy

He didn`t vomit!

Will see how he goes this week. Fed half his breakfast when I got up then half just before I left, just over an hour later.
Also sneaked some buiscuit into his bowl last thing last night so he didn`t have to go all night with nothing.
Has anyone heard of Perfect Fit by Waltham? They do a sensitive food and wondered if it was any good.
Thanks for advice, guys!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Well, this morning I finally remembered to raise his food dish. I Know. Im a bad meowmy

He didn`t vomit!

Will see how he goes this week. Fed half his breakfast when I got up then half just before I left, just over an hour later.
Also sneaked some buiscuit into his bowl last thing last night so he didn`t have to go all night with nothing.
Has anyone heard of Perfect Fit by Waltham? They do a sensitive food and wondered if it was any good.
Thanks for advice, guys!
Over here ( in the US) Waltham is generally respected as being decent to good

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had the same problem with my two older cats. Every morning they would vomit after eating. I raised their bowls and gave them a little snack before I went to bed. This way they were not going from 6pm to 6am without anything in their stomachs. I've been doing this for weeks now and neither one of them have puked.

Good luck!