2nd Teeth

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed Teddy has a 2nd set of fangs showing on his bottom set - is that normal - I thought the 1st set just dropped out then the 2nd ones grew into place
I hope they are ok

ps - obviously pretty darn hard to get a photo

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's totally normal. Ginger had a double set of fangs, upper and lower before her adult teeth knocked out the baby teeth. That means Teddy is what, 4-5 months old?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

That's totally normal. Ginger had a double set of fangs, upper and lower before her adult teeth knocked out the baby teeth. That means Teddy is what, 4-5 months old?
oh thanks - now I can stop being a worrying meowmy
and yes the vet thought he was about 4 mths.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww isn't it cute! Ben is the first kitty I saw this on. It lasted about a week.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Aww isn't it cute! Ben is the first kitty I saw this on. It lasted about a week.
oo I hope it is only a week, cos he keeps nibbling me with those fangs ........ouch it does hurt especially with a double set

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep that's totally normal. I just watched my neighbors kit Dewey go through this exact thing.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cute.

A couple of summers ago I caught, tamed, and rehomed a couple of feral kittens. The little siamese mix had double fangs for few days and I really worried they weren't going to fall out. I thought I had a picture somewhere.. If they don't fall out the vet will have to remove them.

I missed Tomas's teeth when he lost them, I'm not sure if he ate them or left them stuck in something.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well during our morning cuddle and chewing of fingers session
I noticed one of the fangs has dropped out ! I only noticed them yesterday and one has gone already

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

well during our morning cuddle and chewing of fingers session
I noticed one of the fangs has dropped out ! I only noticed them yesterday and one has gone already
The finger chewing hurts so much more when they have their adult teeth! Sonic the baby isn't into finger sucking or chewing at all, but Radar who is now 10 months old and should be behaving more like an adult, grabs hold of your hand with his paws and pulls it to his mouth to suck and chew. It hurts!