Whiskas Catmilk? And Friskie's canned food

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought 4 Whiskas Catmilk containers...200 ml each. It says that it is 98% lactose reduced.
Ingredients: Milk, water, nonfat dry milk, malt extract, trisodium phosphate, hydrogenated vegetable oil, Guar Gum, corn syrup solids, lactoase, taurine, carrageenan, sodium caseinate, mono and diglycerides, dextrose.

Not sure how good it is....mainly its Precious Piglet who eats it all. I got it mainly for Beard to help keep his fluid intake up. He doesn't care for it. And also bought Friskie's canned food as he doesn't like Eagle Pack....he doesn't seem to like Friskie's either....not sure what wet food I will be able to get now. Also he seems to prefer the Chicken Broth alone in a bowl. He drinks it all up, leaving none for the other cats. He won't touch the beef broth either.

So far so good, knock on wood keep the healthy vibes coming....no return of the Urinary blockage.....

opinions please
Thanks
Denise

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the cat milk is fine as a treat - I give it to my boys when I have it around. Keep trying with the wet food, some cats will only eat certain types - flavors, textures, etc. Maybe microwaving it for just a few seconds to really get the smell out will interest him.

I haven't read your previous threads - but have you tried a drinking fountain of some sort? Cats often like to drink running water, and so the cat fountains can encourage fluid intake. But I'll send healthy {{{{{{vibes}}}}}} that the urinary blockage don't come back!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The catmilk should be given as a treat, not part of a daily diet, I believe.

What canned foods have you tried? Are there any websites you can(if you are willing) to order from?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give my Squee a little bit of Catmilk every once in a while and she loves it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furry4fury

I bought 4 Whiskas Catmilk containers...200 ml each. It says that it is 98% lactose reduced.
Ingredients: Milk, water, nonfat dry milk, malt extract, trisodium phosphate, hydrogenated vegetable oil, Guar Gum, corn syrup solids, lactoase, taurine, carrageenan, sodium caseinate, mono and diglycerides, dextrose.
Hydrogenated vegetable oil? That isn't good for people, I imagine it can't be good for cats either.

I think I'll stick with occasionally sharing a little of lactose free milk I drink.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

The catmilk should be given as a treat, not part of a daily diet, I believe.

What canned foods have you tried? Are there any websites you can(if you are willing) to order from?
ditto and what stores can u get to ???

have you tried the sheba tubs ??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by livedeeply

Does cat milk contain cat colostrum?
not likely it is not the mothers milk substutute but a cat treat for adult cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

ditto and what stores can u get to ???

have you tried the sheba tubs ??
Sorry, I typed a response to you last night from home....but dial-up being what it was it never made it to the site...

I was thinking that I could buy some Sheba Tubs and try them on the boys, they seem to be the picky eaters. The catmilk was bought just for a treat to get Beard to drink some more...not happening...Precious "Piglet" (she comes by her nickname honestly
) drinks it all. The girls eat everything and anything....in fact they have been know to muscle in on the boys for their treats....
The stores that are usually open when I go to the city are Walmart and Zellers. The pet stores in town here only have Eagle Pack and one that its so small I would have to buy the store....It looks like it would only feed one cat. I'm driving my husband up the wall with this food business. He says the cats eat better than we do....$25.00 for a 3lb bag of food....he just about looses it...its a good thing I'm the one paying out of my pocket...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there no PetValu store in your area? They (at least here in Ontario) have a great selection of quality foods. I currently feed ours Merrick's - it is pricey but we only have the 2 cats so it's manageable. When I was trying different brands of wet food to try to find one our cats would eat, our PetValu also let me return any unopened cans of the brands they didn't like. Walmart/Zellers/Zehrs aren't likely to have very good quality foods unfortunately.

I get the pet store in our local little town to order the Merrick food for me as they don't carry it normally. Perhaps your local store would order in for you as well.