Argh, stupid Satellight.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been out since this morning. I thought it was the weather, until i went over to my grandma's apartment next door, to find hers working perfectly.

After calling tech Support thing, and being on hold for 43 minutes, we finally got to talk to a human being. After trying some different things, they said that a repairman would be calling in the next 24-48 hours to come and see what the problem is.

Now, I missed Prison Break.
All I wanted to do was curl up on the couch with Mia and a few of the kitties, whoever would stay with me.

If it's not back by Wednesday night, i will freak out... I am a TV nut and I will go crazzzyyy without my shows.

this is the second time since the fall that we have had this problem.. I want to switch to Rogers Digital Cable so bad, but then I'd my granparents would be cut off. (We pay for the Starchoice bill, they just had to buy their reciever)

Now I'm sitting here, bored. Giving Cappy baby some ear scritchins.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Aunt & Uncle were having problems w/ theirs like that last week- such a pain!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

It's been out since this morning. I thought it was the weather, until i went over to my grandma's apartment next door, to find hers working perfectly.

After calling tech Support thing, and being on hold for 43 minutes, we finally got to talk to a human being. After trying some different things, they said that a repairman would be calling in the next 24-48 hours to come and see what the problem is.

Now, I missed Prison Break.
All I wanted to do was curl up on the couch with Mia and a few of the kitties, whoever would stay with me.

If it's not back by Wednesday night, i will freak out... I am a TV nut and I will go crazzzyyy without my shows.

this is the second time since the fall that we have had this problem.. I want to switch to Rogers Digital Cable so bad, but then I'd my granparents would be cut off. (We pay for the Starchoice bill, they just had to buy their reciever)

Now I'm sitting here, bored. Giving Cappy baby some ear scritchins.
Even down here in Texas, we sometime has satellite problems when the dish gets ice on it and that is almost always the problem. It does not ice here very often but when it does, I just go out and clean the dish and I have never had any problems since I started doing this.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes my satellite receiver wont work, but my boyfriends parents will in the same house. Do you have expressvu? Thats what I have and I hate it so much. The only reason I have it is because I won the receiver and 6 months free and because we can't get cable out here. If thats what you have, try resetting your receiver. We had that problem a couple months ago after some bad weather and we just reset the receiver and it was fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noo, I hate Bell, we don't use them for internet, or phone anymore either. We swirched to Rogers home phone and the Rogers Ultra Highspeed or whatever. Got tired of Bells BS.
We have Starchoice.. it's pretty good, other than this one reciever that keeps on failing.

Well, some good news.

While I was at the rescue this morning, a Starchoice repairman came in unannounced and fixed the problem. He said he was in London, on his way to Alymer and would be passing right by us, so he stopped in. Nice if they would have called first though.

Oh well! It's fixed, thats all I care about.