Can Today get any worse?

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well it started last night. Neither my DH or Icould sleep to save our lives. We were woken up by Karma screaming. We come out into the living room to discover our baby snake had gotton loose and was tangled int duct tape due to our negligence. I tried all I could to get the tape off. We rushed him to the humain society and were told by the vet that they did not have the time and would most likely put him to sleep. They told us to take him to a reptile house. We rushed over to the reptile house. They freed the little one with mineral oil. He was okay, no serious damage was done, thank god. We did though decide, because we can not aford a new cage right now or any potential medical care for a snake that it was best to leave him there. So we had to say goodbye to our baby. They said they would give him to someone who has the means to care for hin. Then I get home log on to TCS looking for good news and discover the news about Davidson. So I get ready for work, was there for no more than 30 minutes when my DH comes in very shaken. What now you ask? He was in a car accident on the way home from dropping me off. He rear ended someone. No one was seriously hurt, the people he rear ended did not even care they did not get insurance info or anything. Our car had more dammage. My boss decided I had had enough for one day and sent me home to take care of my family.

Now everyone is just relaxing and trying to keep it together. Karma is being a very good girl. She is handing out major kisses and hugs and just sitting on the couch. I think she knows we can not handle one more thing today.

Sorry if this is a bit long. I just need to vent and get it all out. I just want to know when will it be over. I can't take anything more today.

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i'm so sorry... i hope your day has gotten better, while at home relaxing. I'll be keeping your health and well being in my prayers. take care and i hope you enjoyed your day off.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you've had such a lousy day. I'm glad you were able to save your snake but sad you had to give him away. Remember, with time it will get better. It may not look like it right now. Glad your husband is ok and I'm sorry those worthless people he hit by accident didn't have enough courtesy to show some respect.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess I should have said it better. The peolpe my DH hit were cool about it. They could tell he was having a rough day and it was an older pick up and the only damage they had was to the bummper. They told him not to worry about it and try to have a better day. We have a VW golf from 91 and had far more damage. I guess what happened was someone in front of the guy my DH hit had slammed on their breaks. The pick up slammed on theirs my DH slammed on his and well they did not work to well, so he hit the pickup. The pick up driver seemed to be madder at the first car that originaly had slammed on his breaks. Its good, no insurance was involved so we don't have to pay a higher pemium. The other guy really did not care about his car. They were nothing but nice to my DH.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to u sorry u had a rough day, its better than a rough weekend thats not ending here
but thats a thread ill make later

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

Well it started last night. Neither my DH or Icould sleep to save our lives. We were woken up by Karma screaming. We come out into the living room to discover our baby snake had gotton loose and was tangled int duct tape due to our negligence. I tried all I could to get the tape off. We rushed him to the humain society and were told by the vet that they did not have the time and would most likely put him to sleep. They told us to take him to a reptile house. We rushed over to the reptile house. They freed the little one with mineral oil. He was okay, no serious damage was done, thank god. We did though decide, because we can not aford a new cage right now or any potential medical care for a snake that it was best to leave him there. So we had to say goodbye to our baby. They said they would give him to someone who has the means to care for hin. Then I get home log on to TCS looking for good news and discover the news about Davidson. So I get ready for work, was there for no more than 30 minutes when my DH comes in very shaken. What now you ask? He was in a car accident on the way home from dropping me off. He rear ended someone. No one was seriously hurt, the people he rear ended did not even care they did not get insurance info or anything. Our car had more dammage. My boss decided I had had enough for one day and sent me home to take care of my family.

Now everyone is just relaxing and trying to keep it together. Karma is being a very good girl. She is handing out major kisses and hugs and just sitting on the couch. I think she knows we can not handle one more thing today.

Sorry if this is a bit long. I just need to vent and get it all out. I just want to know when will it be over. I can't take anything more today.
I saw a show one time about a snake getting caught in a glue trap. The show was Tuckersville, it was a show that had Tanya Tucker in it. They did the very same thing, but I think that they used cooking oil.

I am sorry about your snake too.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On days like this I think of the saying "I know God won't give me more than I can handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much!"