I am fairly new here, I am usually flying in and out to catch up as I only have the internet at work.
What a great idea. I love people who help motivate other people. This is really spooky that I found this today. I got on the scale this morning and I am so p/o'd at myself right now. I have gained 10 pounds in the last 3 months. I am usually very good about watching what I eat, as I have been there, 65 pounds worth (45 I managed to keep off) and I know how hard it is to do what your girls are doing. Mind you that was 26 years ago (now I am over 40 and you know how that goes) so this is old hat to me, right? Wrong. You have to set your mind to it, as you replace the good habits with the bad it just becomes a new way of living. Okay so I am a slow learner. The best part is you start to feel so good about yourself and everything around you starts looking so positive instead of negative. Not to mention the satisfaction you get when you look in the mirror and you actually like what is staring back.
I would just like to offer some suggestions that I found helpful. I will be practicing what I am preaching right along with you.
1) Don't set your expectations too high, start with wanting to lose 10 pounds, then another 10 pounds etc.....
2) Oh yes the water, the most important part, if you don't like plain water try adding some lime or lemon to it. I find freezing half of the bottle and adding water to the ice keeps it cold all day in an insulated cover. I detest warm water.
3) It is okay to cheat (once in awhile), I would have a day once a month that everything I craved in that month, I ate, it would take about a month before I would want to look at it again. The cravings became less and less after awhile. I am a junk food addict.
4)When your budget allows it, treat your self to a new piece of clothing that you always wished you could wear. Shop in the thrift stores for new clothes, it takes patience but the deals you find are amazing. It is less expensive when you have to replace your wardrobe every few months.
5) Don't get discouraged by your heavier friends, remember misery loves company and sometimes they just don't want you to succeed.
6) Get up and go for a walk everyday, make it a point to park your car further away so you have to walk. Play games with yourself, soon you won't even drive, you will just walk.
7) Take pictures of yourself as you are losing. I found that I didn't think I looked that different until I saw a picture of myself. Put them on the fridge and use them as your measure stick.
8) Don't get on the scale everyday, it is much more rewarding to get on once a month and see 10 pounds gone.
9) Don't tell all your friends and family what you doing, just do it and let them notice the difference.
10) Last but not least, go to the doctor often and make sure you do it healthy. Read, read, read everything you can get your hands on about NUTRITION, not DIETS.
11) Don't watch TV at night, unless it is commercial free, too many food ads to tempt you.
Good luck girls, this is Day 1, I am drinking my water as I write and still getting no work done. GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT!!!!