Try this site - http://homecooking.about.com/gi/dyna...%2Frecipes.cgi
Sumptuous Apple Pie
Preparation time: 40 min. / Baking time: 1 hour
Even better than Grandma used to make!
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup finely ground almonds
1 cup apple juice, cold
1. Add flour and almonds to food processor and process to mix. Then add apple juice slowly while processing into a ball (should be sticky).
2. Roll out half of the dough for crust and place in lightly oiled pie pan.
2-3 tablespoons apricot preserves (optional)
12 cups red delicious or granny smith apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced.
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup Sucanat (or other sweetener)
3 tablespoons arrowroot
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1. Put apricot preserves in thin layer on bottom of uncooked pie crust, if desired
2. Combine all other filling ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan and cover. Slowly, and at low heat, simmer about 10 minutes, stirring often. Be careful not to burn. Apples should be lightly tender.
3. Place filling mixture in pie shell with a large spoon. Criss-cross top with pastry strips. Bake at 375 degrees, covered with foil, for 1 hour.
4. Remove foil and brown the crust for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. Allow pie to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Brush top with orange juice before baking for glaze.
This recipe is higher in fat, because of the almonds used in the crust.
Sucanat is 100 percent organic cane sugar. It is usually available in natural food stores.
Nutrition Information per serving: 329 calories, 7 g protein, 64 g carbohydrate,
7.5 g fat, 4 mg sodium, 0 g cholesterolAngle food cake is almost always fat free.
Chicken & Broccoli
Contains less than one gram of fat per serving.
12 oz fettuccine
1 lb fat-free chicken tenders
1 1/4 cups chopped onion
2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
13 1/2 oz can fat-free chicken broth
1 cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
20 oz frozen broccoli florets
1 tsp white pepper
Prepare fettuccine according to package directions; drain and keep warm. Lightly spray a large non-stick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders and cook until chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through; remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Lightly respray skillet, saute onions until soft and transparent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are tender. Stir in chicken broth and cream cheese; heat over medium-high heat until mixture almost comes to a boil and thickens. Add chicken, broccoli, and pepper to skillet; cook over medium heat until heated through. Toss with fettuccine and serve immediately.
Add a green leaf salad with sliced cucumbers and crotons and dressing and thinly sliced tomatos with fat free french dressing (about a table spoon full) and fresh basil choped up. Sounds pretty darn good to me!!!
There are a heap of low fat or fat free dessert recipes that you can make including biscuits to satisfy sweet cravings, these you can eat that also taste good and are guilt free!