What are some of silly things..

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you say to your cats that you'd never find yourself saying in any other situation? Or if overheard by someone in another room would be completely misunderstood?

In the last 15 minutes I've told Tomas
"Get away from my straw, I don't want your cat germs"
"Why are you licking my elbow?"
and "No kneading my boob"

I'm always telling Sho " Eww, get your butt out of my face" (he turns around and sticks his rear in the air when you scratch above his tail)

Anyone else say ridiculous things to their cats? Baby talk their birds, reptiles, or even fish?

Come on, fess up!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe this is funny. yes the one with the 'get your butt out of my face' is used alot here
also when i rub chuckies back and his but lifts in the air, i aim his bottom in someones direction and pretend he is some sort of weapon *grabs tummy gently and pretends to aim and fire* lmao

incoherant baby talk to all the kitties happens whenever possible! it drives my dad crazy, mum and i can have these 'convos' with the kitties for ages and he doesn't get it lol

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The strange thing is except for television ads, cats do not talk and do not understand English or other languages. So what you have to come to grips with is the plain and simple fact that you are talking to yourself. But that is OK, I do it all the time. My mother always used to say that talking to yourself is fine but when you start answering yourself it is time to worry!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the kneeding my boob one is one I use all the time but also
"your flubber is jiggleing"
"Don't dig to china, they don't like tinkleballs there"
"Get away from the TV your fur is sticking"

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great thread! And I think we all need some humor right now

I talk to my cats ALL the time, and I dont really care who hears me!! If I wanna talk to my babies, then so be it....

I know when they stick their behinds in my face I will tell them to please "move that stinky booty"

I also like to just love on them and cuddle them and who knows what comes outta my mouth then!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

i aim his bottom in someones direction and pretend he is some sort of weapon *grabs tummy gently and pretends to aim and fire* lmao
I've been told by DH not to do this
Tomas is a dangerous weapon (gassy kitten).

Originally Posted by Persi

cats do not talk and do not understand English or other languages. So what you have to come to grips with is the plain and simple fact that you are talking to yourself.
They understand tone and some words, "No", "get", "food", but not in that combination, I cannot say "cat" without Sho looking or coming to me
. And yes, I do talk to myself
Oddly when I'm talking to myself and not directly to the cats they tend to look at me like I'm crazy

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday when I get home, I say "where's my little furry baby?"..then when she runs over and answers me..I follow with "hey sweety, whatcha up to?" Then she just meows and prances around in front of me

Oh, and when we play fetch, I tell her to "bring it to mum"..and then she does..she is so smart

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck, i'll just admit it- i'll carry on a full conversation with my animals when nobody's around

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also talk to my cats because they are all I can talk to at times...keeps me from going insane. lol

The one with the get your butt out of my face is one I use!

Or "stop licking my clothes or pillow"! Then there is the all time favorite of "stop throwing all my stuff of of my desk or stop putting holes in my calendar and billing statements!
If you don't stop rolling around on the desk you are going to fall right off! Which has happened and I've caught her. lol

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the recent UTI's and litterbox issues going on around here, the oddest thing is probably "Hey! Who peed on my underwear?!?
" . Needless to say, we are learning quickly to pick up the undies off the bathroom floor...

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

With the recent UTI's and litterbox issues going on around here, the oddest thing is probably "Hey! Who peed on my underwear?!?
" . Needless to say, we are learning quickly to pick up the undies off the bathroom floor...
Oh geez.... you just brightened up my night a whole bunch.

Thank you.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Heck, i'll just admit it- i'll carry on a full conversation with my animals when nobody's around
lol I'll do it even when people are over! I think all my friends probably secretely thing I'm crazy. Or maybe not so secretely...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

" .
I think that takes the prize for oddest thing so far!

There is no way you could fit that into a conversation with a person under normal circumstances.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most famous ones in this house are

"Bo, I don't remember electing you bathroom monitor"
"Duke, quit sniffing Jake's butt"
"No Tiger, you can't eat Pepsi"

as far as Jake goes "Cat poop's not a gourmet treat"

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I've been told by DH not to do this
Tomas is a dangerous weapon (gassy kitten).
Lol poor thing. I don't squeeze his tummy or make him poop. I just hold him so i can aim

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Siamese cats are extremely conversational ... I carry on epic discussions with mine all the time. Recently, I was on the phone with a customer service rep for a company with whom I do business ... she asked me to give her my account number and then said, "Hold please, while I access your account information" ... so I did and the line was quiet. I turned and saw my George, walking up the hallway behind his mother Lexus with his nose shoved way up her butt, so I said outloud, "George, get your nose out of your mother's butt!" ... then I heard this sharp intake of breath on the phone as my rep started to giggle. Hurriedly, I said ... "CATS! I am talking to my cats!" Needless to say, I was probably THE call she went home and told everyone about that day.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That usually involves my 3 year old daughter when it happens to me!

"Who peed on (fill in the blank!)" has been normal conversation around here
One kitty tee tee sample going to the vet again today...
*sigh* Anywhere else, however...

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have conversations with my boys all the time, as with DH. But some of the oddest things..

"Doodle....what did you do this time?"
"Dude, you have a fat butt!"
"No Oscar, I don't want you in the sink!"
"Please, just let me sleep!"
"How many times do I have to tell you not to [jump on the counter, jump on the table, stick your head in my cereal bowl, try to eat dad's yogurt, etc.]?"

Or one of my favorites...

"Scotty, sit down already...you're hurting my boob!" (This is when he puts two paws on said body part, and stands there, thinking about weather or not he's going to curl up on my shoulder or not. He's a 15lb cat.)