Petfinder ad.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He could have FeLV or FIV. However, IMO, telling people he likely won't live more than a year seems misleading. There are no guarantees that he will live not much more than a year, no matter what he has. Cats can surprise us!

I hope he gets a home soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

He could have FeLV or FIV. However, IMO, telling people he likely won't live more than a year seems misleading. There are no guarantees that he will live not much more than a year, no matter what he has. Cats can surprise us!

I know, bless his heart
But just the way they worded that~made my heart sink!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I cant believe they didnt post it, it just upsets me reading ones like that but I can at least say that the kitties around here do tell u what the disease is, but idk even if its FelV or FIV the kittie could live many many many years u know, but like white cat lover said cats can surprise us and there is no guarentee for any kittie really !!!

But I sure do hope that fella gets adopted...that made me so sad

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing..I feel bad that maybe people won't want him because they will lose him so soon. I don't know if I could get a cat knowing it would die sooner than a normal healthy cat...You would get attached and then heartbroken soon after that when he dies

Poor little thing

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd going to guess at leukemia since death at a young age is common, but like white cat lover said, they can surprise us! my Sapphire is going on 5 years old
all my kitties are leukemia positive and while it is very hard to adopt them, get attached, then lose them, I just think of what their fate might have been if I hadn't taken them in.... living out the rest of their life in a cage or worse, much worse
I try to make whatever time they have on earth the best

also, I hate it when the do not list the specific disease that the kitty has, I wish they had icons for FeLV+ or FIV+

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Poor thing..I feel bad that maybe people won't want him because they will lose him so soon. I don't know if I could get a cat knowing it would die sooner than a normal healthy cat...You would get attached and then heartbroken soon after that when he dies

Poor little thing
that is what happend to me when I had suzie. She passed away about 5 months after I got her. Mind you she was not the healthiest looking cat around, but she got the best care I could give her nonetheless.